(initramfs) - Laptop blacked out / HELP

You start the image writer, it opens a guy, were you can choose your drive and your iso, click start and will write the iso to the drive. Then boot from the drive.

Sorry, I do have to open the balena directly on the stick first.
now on the stick there are both programs, still connected to my Mac.
is that correct? I'm really lost.

You didn't had to copy the iso and the program over to the drive. Just execute the program you downloaded then in the program on the Mac choose the USB drive an the iso file, when you are asked for. Then hit start. The program will write the iso file to your USB drive. When it's finished disconect the usb drive from the Mac, insert it into the laptop, go to the bootmenu, select it and follow the instructions from my first post.

At the side another question, what did you want to do with the YouTube tutorial you followed, which broke your system?

I can't even open the downloaded file on the Mac.
I'm really done here, really frustrated and doubting.
I'm anxious to fuck up my Mac as well.

Reason why I followed YouTube tutorial was that I wanted to have a clean re-installation of Linux.
I had so many troubles with it, no Bluetooth, mail not running properly, applications failing or not running at all, etc.
I spent countless days and was pissed off more and more.
I was happy to get away from shitty Windows but I didn't expect this.
I'm still working with Windows daily on company laptop, I hate it but have to admit - it's working reasonably.
So is my old Mac.
It's not a good system for people like me where everything has to be quick.
Now, I spent so many hours already again trying getting it at least workable but I'm pretty sure - I will suck it up again - my knowledge is just not good enough for this.
I don't want to break my Mac too.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 16.17.05.png

You have to download the the Mac version of etcher at the etcher homepage. It should be a .dmg file. Execute it.

And then ? After downloading Mac version of etcher and execute?

I can't do it, I cannot open it on my Mac.

I think I'm no

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 16.36.45.png

.appimage is for Linux.
.dmg for Mac.
DSC_1526.JPG

go on select image and find the .iso file.

OK, I selected the downloaded .iso file from downloads.
I also formatted the USB which already had the programs on it.
USB clean.
Continue? Where is my Mac USB?
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 17.14.36.png

this should be your usb drive. click continue.

It's flashing now.
So, in general, I have to use the Flash-version on USB of the Linux Mint software to recover/reboot the laptop later?
Why doesn't the downloaded Linux software do, it's already an .iso file, right?

So now, before trying anything else - I would like to thank you very very much for your support, especially your patience and I bet it must be horrible if you have to deal with guys like me.
I will try to go back to step one, insert the USB to laptop, try to boot from there and see what comes up.
Thank you so much!!
Is there anything else important that I need to consider or what do I do next after?

What you may have to know is that when the steps I told you don't work, you can easily just reinstall mint using the installation setup on it. But first of all I hope the steps I mentioned before will work.

Helping other people in the linux community is for me fun and learning. I want to help other people with problems they can't solve, just like I get help when have a problem that I can't solve.
It's fun, learning about my hobby and improving my English skills (You may have noticed, I'm not a native speaker).

Greetings

;)I did not notice you're NOT a native speaker, neither am I.
Well, your English certainly better than mine:).
I like your explanation very much, I can comprehend and I try doing the same - of course, in a field that has got not much to do with computers.
I like your attitude very much and the reason why I switched to Linux is exactly the same as yours - I like to learn and enjoy it immensely - every day.
I'm already an older generation, never grew up with high technology nor computer courses or else.
It's also a hobby of mine and it still takes a lot of swearing, moaning and complaining each day getting around my Apple devices - especially my Mac. Since 12 years that is.
Absolutely fantastic getting to know you, once again, I do not know how to thank you!!
BTW, I did the clean installation of Linux Mint - it looks good so far and I'm excited again - thanks to your kindness!
This time, I hope I can reduce the mistakes I made in the past with Linux and I try to maintain a higher level of patience, most of all.
THANK YOU< THANK YOU< THANK YOU<:D

@Som_Olli
G'day and welcome.
Glad that you were able to sort out your problem with @Peer's guidance. I have been watching this thread since you are using the same distro as myself so that I also learn.
As for your English it is quite good and understandable.
Enjoy your Mint experience.

Members online