index of downloaded files on browser

T

Tiago Almeida

Hi, i'm using google chrome and when i want a downloaded file to be shown in folder, it redirects me to a index page of the same folder on my browser and it doesn't open any folder in my desktop. Also when i click to run a downloaded file, instead of running, it downloads the same file again. What is the problem here?

1) To show chrome://downloads/ press Ctrl+J

2) From chrome://downloads/ there is either "Show in folder" or
"Open downloads folder" Alternatively, when the file has completed downloading you can just go to the Folder using your File Manager

3) You can change the destination of Downloads by clicking the Wrench/ 3 Lines on the top right of the Browser and going Settings>Advanced Settings>Downloads

4) As to
when i click to run a downloaded file, instead of running, it downloads the same file again
Does it happen to files of a particular type, with a similar extension or does it happen to all files?

What does that "Open downloads folder" mean? does it open the downloads folder in the desktop? When i click "Show in folder", it opens a html page in a new tab with my downloaded files displayed, but i don't want this...

About that quote, i realized it's nothing bad, i just forgot some downloads that were cancelled, retry to download again when i click on the files.

Staff online