In today's article, we're installing (or not) Microsoft Edge...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Because, why not? It's fun to check things out like that.

But, read the article before replying.

Feedback is mostly cool, but let's keep it civil, avoid name calling, and keep it kinda related to the article. Seriously, read the article before replying.

What can ya say it's the default browser for Windows 10 and its okay seems to return good search results.

I remove all of the panes displaying all of the daily news and events and have a blank background with a search bar in the center.

Would I install Edge in Linux nope.
Do I think Edge is better than other browsers nope.

It's what came as default with Windows 10 so I use it just as Firefox comes as default with Linux so I use it.

I have no complaints with Edge browser.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use Bing, but their technical results got worse. So, I tried 'em all, again... I ended back with Google. When I use personalized search results, I get really good results.

I too don't use Edge - except to test something now and again. I have it installed. I have it installed on this computer now, 'cause I did it to make sure the article was reasonably correct.

A while back I tried several of the major browsers and clones and the search results varied quite a bit from browser to browser.

Bing used to be okay in the days of internet explorer and Windows 98 and Windows 2000 pro.

In my Windows XP days I used Google Chrome and it seemed to be a good browser but at the same time seemed to want to run everything.

These days I pretty much use the big three major browsers Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome.

The Wife likes Chromium Edge browser and Google Chrome.

As with OSs I don't care which I use and the same with the browsers it doesn't matter to me which one I use I get good results from them all.

Life's to short to worry about who's collecting what and face it you can't hide on the WWW and privacy is a thing of the past.

I've never used it...I don't use anything microsuck...over the last few weeks I've been trying Brave browser and am impressed.
m1211.gif

In my Windows XP days I used Google Chrome and it seemed to be a good browser but at the same time seemed to want to run everything.

I mostly use Chrome and Chromium - different tasks in each.

I've got all the browsers... I also use Pale Moon a bit. I do some sensitive stuff in that browser, like some online banking - which I keep really minimal and practice the CYA quite a bit.

I've been trying Brave browser and am impressed.

LOL You didn't even read the article, did you? That's okay. Brave is a solid browser. If you like it, you might also like Vivaldi - both are based on Chromium and Vivaldi's a bit more mature with a ton of options. The founder was the dude behind the original Opera browser, which was so good I used to pay for it.

I started reading..."Today, we’re going to learn how to install Microsoft Edge. That’s the browser made by Microsoft". That was enough for me...no offence.
m0103.gif

At the moment I have five browsers...Firefox...Opera...Google Chrome...Slimjet and Brave.
m0114.gif
I did try Vivaldi but it's not for me.
t2606.gif

Members online