important - how to save the logs of pidgin

galion40

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I'm on the Tails operating system, recently I chatted with some people on pidgin but the conversations were deleted, I realized that I had not activated the plugins and tools that would allow me to save all this, I looked on the internet how to find the pidgin logs and I found but I can't: as soon as I do "cd ~/. purple/logs/" the folder is not found and as soon as I stop at purple and press tab, there is no command for the logs, I guess I have to install something, anyone have an idea?

cordially

You don't have to do anything extra to make pidgin create log files for chat conversations, I just installed pidgin and added an account and sent some messages. The log directory ~/.purple/logs gets automatically created as well as the directories for the name of the user account where the chat logs files are saved. Maybe it's a Tails thing since it's a live distribution all about privacy.

Last edited:
You don't have to do anything extra to make pidgin create log files for chat conversations, I just installed pidgin and added an account and sent some messages. The log directory ~/.purple/logs gets automatically created as well as the directories for the name of the user account where the chat logs files are saved. Maybe it's a Tails thing since it's a live distribution all about privacy.
Maybe indeed thank you for your answer, someone wouldn't know how to save all pidgin messages from now on?

Maybe indeed thank you for your answer, someone wouldn't know how to save all pidgin messages from now on?
I just booted into Tails and did the same thing there and the log directory doesn't get created now, so it's a Tails thing as I suspected. Send an email to the Tails support, they will be able to answer your question but I doubt it since it seems they customized pigin to not create log files for a reason.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts