Image test for signatures

atanere

Reaction score
Credits
Garfield.gif
Testing to see if this uploaded pic can be used in signatures on linux.org.

[EDIT] Yes, it does work.

Testing

Attachments

• RQFjpo4.gif
    RQFjpo4.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 4,173,715
Close but no cigar, I'll keep working on it.

Close but no cigar, I'll keep working on it.

Looks like you have it up above?!?! With that image now stored on linux.org (URL: https://www.linux.org/attachments/rqfjpo4-gif.3860/) you should be able to use that as the URL in your Signature settings. This worked for me, as you saw with the Garfield cartoon. You may have to re-enter the whole signature from scratch though... not sure about that.

BTW, I'll be deleting or changing that cartoon before long. It's a bit much for a signature! :eek::eek::D:D

Cheers

0f789e4d-9133-4194-85af-a55b4027d8b4-8e7ff77f-7a86-416a-82cb-53bd46b16977-v1.png Testing again.

I have found you can't delete the post with the original picture.

But it works! Kudos to Stan!

Nice! :D

This thread could be used to store images for this purpose, but if it is ever deleted then the images might go away with it, just as when you deleted an individual post. But anyone can just slip an uploaded image into any post, in any thread, and get its URL for an updated signature. You can even go back to an old defunct post on here somewhere and edit it to slip in an uploaded photo.

Cheers

Hey BB

I'm with the Wizard! It's noon somewhere in the world!

High Noon Saturday here in one hour (hic) :D

Stan - easy enough for me to pick an appropriate spot and make a sticky of it.

Wiz

By George, I do believe I have got it :)

Wizard

[ATTAfull]3859[/ATTACH] Testing to see if this uploaded pic can be used in signatures on linux.org.

[EDIT] Yes, it does work.
That's a little too big for a signature! Thank gosh for uBlock Origin's option to block user pointed elements, lol!

You'd have to understand Stan's sense of humour ... he's from Indiana :D

Wizard

Altough I like Americans as a people, there are some things I don't understand, such as the American humour. But there's one exception of that - George Carlin. His humour I do understand. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts