I'm sorry.....

B

blackneos940

I'm sorry I've been away so long..... I've been getting so reclusive and depressed lately..... I mean, if someone goes out of their way to talk to ME, then that's a different story..... Except for when it's necessary, I hardly ever leave /Home....... I've even had suicidal thoughts...... But I figured, I made it 24 years so far..... How hard could 60+ more years be..... Right....? I'm sorry it's not on topic, but I suck at using IRC, and I'm still terrible at Programming..... It was selfish to neglect you all, no matter HOW depressed I got..... I'll try and post on some more Threads, and see if I can help anyone..... I'm sorry....

I'm sorry I've been away so long..... I've been getting so reclusive and depressed lately..... I mean, if someone goes out of their way to talk to ME, then that's a different story..... Except for when it's necessary, I hardly ever leave /Home....... I've even had suicidal thoughts...... But I figured, I made it 24 years so far..... How hard could 60+ more years be..... Right....? I'm sorry it's not on topic, but I suck at using IRC, and I'm still terrible at Programming..... It was selfish to neglect you all, no matter HOW depressed I got..... I'll try and post on some more Threads, and see if I can help anyone..... I'm sorry....
Don't apologize. We all get busy or have to deal with other issues at times. We all contribute when we can. If you go to college, you will have a lot less time to hang out here! ;^)

Cheers!

Don't apologize. We all get busy or have to deal with other issues at times. We all contribute when we can. If you go to college, you will have a lot less time to hang out here! ;^)

Cheers!
I... Guess..... I'm okay, though, if you were wondering..... :) I'm not going anywhere....... :) As Barret from Final Fantasy 7 said: "There ain't no getting offa this Train we're on!!"..... :D But I'll still find time..... Even in College!...... ^^ After all, who will help me with Networking while I'm not in class.....?? :3

Stay strong bud. Having been through depression myself I understand everything you said including a lack of motivation to do anything and not being bothered with people.

I started AnitaOS as a project to help me through it.

@blackneos940 , it takes time to become a decent programmer. The first programming language is hard to learn. After that, it becomes very easy. It took me a while to get started, but once I got going, it became easier to learn more computer languages. Just recently, I learn C/C++, 8051 assembly, and PLC ladder logic. Those languages are hard for many people, but it helps that I learn more simple languages years before.

Try starting out with a scripting language like the POSIX shell (i.e. #!/bin/sh). Once you understand the idea of computer logic, scripting, etc. then try a more powerful scripting language like Python, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, or many others. Once you get better, then you can try lower-level languages (like C/C++, Go, Vala, etc.).

Stay strong bud. Having been through depression myself I understand everything you said including a lack of motivation to do anything and not being bothered with people.

I started AnitaOS as a project to help me through it.
Aww..... :3 You called me "bud"....... :'3 Thank you, good sir..... ^^ Our friendship is moving beyond a Bud as well!..... (A FLOWER Bud, that is..... :D There's kind of a LOT of "Buds", as it were..... :))And it helps to be able to relate to someone, doesn't it.....? I'm here for you, too..... :D So....... Maybe I could start a Project myself then, huh.....? Maybe we could ALL work on it together!..... ^^ :3

Last edited:
@blackneos940 , it takes time to become a decent programmer. The first programming language is hard to learn. After that, it becomes very easy. It took me a while to get started, but once I got going, it became easier to learn more computer languages. Just recently, I learn C/C++, 8051 assembly, and PLC ladder logic. Those languages are hard for many people, but it helps that I learn more simple languages years before.

Try starting out with a scripting language like the POSIX shell (i.e. #!/bin/sh). Once you understand the idea of computer logic, scripting, etc. then try a more powerful scripting language like Python, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, or many others. Once you get better, then you can try lower-level languages (like C/C++, Go, Vala, etc.).
You make a good point, good sir..... ^^ After all, the Author of "Learn Python The Hard Way" said that once he got Python down, it took him, like, a WEEK to learn something like C or Java!..... :) I know your or my mileage may VARY, but either way, you and that guy PROVED this idea....... :D When I start some big Project, do you guys wanna help.....? :3

@blackneos940 , if I have time, I have no problem helping with projects.

Another thing that may help you learn programming is a need. For instance, when I first started learning to program, I had a need; I wanted to make my own chatbot. I could program the chatbot as I was learning, and I could learn commands as I needed them. This made the learning process easier because I had a need and because I could easily visualize and understand the purpose of the commands. Now, here I am today knowing many programming languages and having a usable chatbot known as Neobot (http://dcjtech.info/forum/downloads/betabots/).

Necessity is the mother of invention

@blackneos940 , if I have time, I have no problem helping with projects.

Another thing that may help you learn programming is a need. For instance, when I first started learning to program, I had a need; I wanted to make my own chatbot. I could program the chatbot as I was learning, and I could learn commands as I needed them. This made the learning process easier because I had a need and because I could easily visualize and understand the purpose of the commands. Now, here I am today knowing many programming languages and having a usable chatbot known as Neobot (http://dcjtech.info/forum/downloads/betabots/).
Thank you, good sir!..... :3 I'll let you know when I start it!...... ^^ I'm thinking an Audio Player, similar to Clementine..... It'll be called: "Songbird!"..... WITH the Exclamation Point.....! :3 But you make a good point..... :) Maybe I could study your Betabots.....? I KNOW I downloaded on at SOME point..... :) I Love you, good sir..... :)

Members online