I'm Back.

TNFrank

Reaction score
Credits
It's been quite a while since I've been on this forum. I've done a lot of Distro Hoping and settled in on Debian/Debian Based Distro with the KDE Plasma Desktop. Seems to be my "Sweet Spot". Anyway, I'll see ya'll around.

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
G'day @TNFrank and welcome back :)

You may be from before my time - I have only been here from 1 May 2017.

I run 56 Linux (today), so rather than a Hopper, I am a glutton.

In any event, enjoy your Linux and we look forward to your input (which I see is already on display)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Welcome Back @TNFrank :) Although your account looks new, did you lose your old account? Too many options in KDE Plasma for me, I'll stick to something simple with a modern look. Each their own.:cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 101831

Hello @TNFrank,

Yep Debian and Debian based Linux distros are just damn hard to beat from my experience. :)

OP
TNFrank

TNFrank

Reaction score
Credits
My account was so old it has probably been deleted. I also use to think KDE had too many options(KDE 4) with with the new KDE 5 Plasma they've parred it down so it's actually very user friendly and I know all the settings I want/need to change to get the desktop I like to run so it's actually pretty easy.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
My account was so old it has probably been deleted. I also use to think KDE had too many options(KDE 4) with with the new KDE 5 Plasma they've parred it down so it's actually very user friendly and I know all the settings I want/need to change to get the desktop I like to run so it's actually pretty easy.
I was using Cinnamon and have been for some years. Decided to try out i3-wm, played around a bit with it. I have actually gotten used to it and realized I don't actually use most of the options of Cinnamon either, so I decided to stick with i3-wm.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Debian/Debian Based Distro with the KDE Plasma Desktop

Which? One of your comments indicated it might be MX Linux?

Also, welcome back.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I just remembered this song, that would have matched your introduction title ;)
It would have been epic if you had started your introduction with that.

Last edited:
$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online

No members online now.