I'll be so grateful if u tell me do.Im new in LInux, and i I did something stupid,I removed with sudo su /etc/apt/sources.list.d/impish-security.list

roni-0po

Reaction score
Credits
I'll be so grateful if u tell me what can I do. I'm new in LInux, and I I did something stupid, I removed with sudo su /etc/apt/sources.list.d/impish-security.list.
My question is how can i get this directory back, or can i isntall the things that was there

Welcome to the forums
if you are running a Debian/Ubuntu based distro, you could try

sudo apt-get install --fix-missing

If the first suggestions do not work then try, sudo apt update && apt upgrade

Support for Impish (21.10) has ended as of July 14th.

Upgrade to a supported operating system ASAP. You're not getting things like security updates. By now, you've missed hundreds of them.

You could use Timeshift to restore the previous snapshot before you did this.
m1213.gif

G'day roni-Opo, Welcome to Linux.org

There appears to be some confusion here

You have said that you are running Linux Mint 21.....correct?

You are not running Impish 21.10 .....correct ?

Why exactly impish was showing in your LM21 sources list is a bit of a mystery......
You have to delete it, both because mixed-version repositories are bound for disaster, and because impish is EOL and the repo's been removed.
You have already removed it......so that can only be a good thing.

Give us a little more detail?.....did you only recently install LM21 ?....how long ago?....where did you download it from ?

How did you install it?

Do you know how impish repository get on to LM21 ?....do you have any idea ?

By the way you did not do anything 'stupid'.....there is no such thing here....just learning experiences.

I am re-creating this Post as we lost a little with a restore from backup of the site in recent hours.

@roni-0po , can you give us the content of a file you have called

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-repositories.list

please?

If it does not have the following line at the bottom, you need to put in in, save the file, reboot and run

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

The line is

Code:
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jammy-security main restricted universe multiverse

Cheers and welcome to linux.org

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online

Latest posts