Identifying OS (need help)

S

Singh1199

Hello! Does someone know what Distro this is?
openshot-free-video-editor-on-ubuntu.jpg

(P.S. : Please delete/move if not in the right section. Sorry)

My guess is either Ubuntu or elementary OS. Its hard to tell when you have the entire desktop covered up with the open program.

The image you attached is named "openshot-free-video-editor-on-ubuntu.jpg" ... so doesn't that answer your own question?

Cheers!

Last edited:
My guess is either Ubuntu or elementary OS. Its hard to tell when you have the entire desktop covered up with the open program.

The image you attached is named "openshot-free-video-editor-on-ubuntu.jpg" ... so doesn't that answer your own question?

Cheers!

Cheers!
Oh... I didn't see the name in the link. Thanks! And sorry for wasting your time. Have a great day! :)

Oh... I didn't see the name in the link. Thanks! And sorry for wasting your time. Have a great day! :)

That's okay, I don't mind really. The funny part is that I don't think it is Ubuntu! My hunch is that it is actually elementary OS... based on the icon set in the Conky launcher at the bottom of the image. The "e" shown in the 4th icon from the right looks a lot like the elementary OS logo.

Cheers!

Enter this command on a terminal emulator:
Code:
uname -a
And it will return a lot of info on your current Linux distribution, including its "name".

After looking a bit more at some icon packs, I'm less convinced about elementary now. That "e" icon is probably for a document viewer called, "Evince," even though it does look similar the the elementary logo. Ah well, it was a fun guessing game anyway. :D