Ice tower dual fans

Does that cooler contact just the cpu, or does it also cool the GPU and ram? Hey, I slapped my old slacko Puppy cd in and I am running from memory, with no hard disk in the system. Take that Phishers!

its consistent 35-38c perfect temps. running youtube and browser
Sounds like it is time you nudged the throttle up a bit, like perhaps 2GHZ?:p You know, chirp the tires, or perhaps burn some rubber off them!o_O

Omg I just found this ....

got rid of those stupid pads that come with the ice tower and replaced them with brake grease its a Anti seize copper paste that exceeds 980c in temps .
Brake grease that's a first.

You have way to much brake grease on the metal heat spreaders.

Buy some real processor paste and apply a very small dab in the center of the metal processor heat spreader.

I haven't really seen any Pi's and I have 4 now running various things, 2 all the time. Little heatsinks work. If I grabbed a case and it has a fan I use that since it's there. Unless like 2 Pi 3A's that have 3.5 inch GPIO tft's, they are already using the 5v and grd, Pins 4 and 6, that would normally be the fan.

Wait... Is that a Snap-On toolbox? It looks like their green that they use.
I used to live close to a Snap-On factory (Ft. Worth, TX) My Snap-On toolbox was red.

1630416927919.png

I used to have a snapon box master series but sold it and got a cheaper bigger box.
And to be honest it does the same job it locks my tools up.

And to be honest it does the same job it locks my tools up.

I have a nice Snap-On setup. A while back, I was away for a goodly amount of time and someone broke into my shop. It was obviously all planned ahead of time, 'cause they loaded a ton of stuff (including my toolboxes) into a rented truck.

I got really lucky. They were all on camera and even the pawn shop owner was eventually/more recently charged for receiving obviously stolen goods. It was during the early days of the pandemic and the shop was closed and opened up just long enough to buy my stuff. So, they were obviously aware and in on it. Fortunately, my son was available and checking daily. So, most of my stuff was recovered.

My understanding is that the pawn shop owner is facing a bunch of other charges as well.

Also, I think this is the first time I've heard someone say that HF is better than Snap-On. They're certainly less expensive!

Harbor Fright's offering is not the same quality as Snap-On. That said, Harbor Fright for a home shop is fine. If I was buying one for my business / job that I do 8-10 hours a day five days a week. I'm looking at Snap-On. I want a buy once, last forever toolbox if I can get one. I don't want one that I'm going to have to replace in 3-7 years because the draw is busted and won't close anymore.

I still own a Craftsman tool box from the early 90s. Too bad Craftsman doesn't carry that same prestige / quality it used to.

I'm looking at Snap-On.

I like the quality. I also own a lot of tools. I don't do so lately, but I used to happily do the work on my cars.

Alas, we probably shouldn't meander too far from the thread's topic. I admit fault.

I like the quality. I also own a lot of tools. I don't do so lately, but I used to happily do the work on my cars.

Alas, we probably shouldn't meander too far from the thread's topic. I admit fault.
If I was going to buy a toolbox today. I've looked at the Harbor Fright ones and I don't think I would have an issue purchasing one. Especially at their price point. Then again, I run an IT department for a living, not a machine shop. My toolbox would probably get 3 to 6 months worth of 40 hour work weeks usage over the next 20-30 years. I'm a hobbyist who also plays Mr. Fixit around the house.

Kobalt from Lowes is guaranteed and they seem to work fine. Craftsman is also sold now by Lowes and Ace. Craftsman still has the best Channel Locks out there. I have a 29 year old pair that have been abused. As a hammer, pry bar, etc... The rubber on the handles has gone off, sprayed on some Flex Seal and it works fine. Had a snap on set broke them in 2 days.

Members online