Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OpenSuse

• Arch

• Total voters
E

eronis

I can't choose which distro is best for me. I've downloaded before Fedora, CentOS, Open Mandriva, Mageia, PCLinuxOS, OpenSuse, Manjaro and Arch. I'm using ubuntu now. But I wanna try new distributions. Which are you suggesting me ?

I wanna play games (minecraft, call of chulthu, fear etc. etc.), Compiling HTML files and learning programming languages. I wanna use user friendly linux.

The only thing I can recommend you is to try all of them. Experience is the best way to find what fits you. Though Wine is the same everywhere.

Personally, I prefer Ubuntu. Just dabble a little with each distro and see what you like.

I use elementary OS, have you tried it already?
I've wrote this message with elementary os :) I wanna try new things. OpenMandriva is very easy to use. I've tried. But some distros makes crash on multibootusb :) My computer is very old and it crashes on VirtualBox :D
I wanna try all of them. But I am not want to try these one of one. CD and DVD is really slow. When I connect my usb it's faster than my own system :D

I've wrote this message with elementary os :) I wanna try new things. OpenMandriva is very easy to use. I've tried. But some distros makes crash on multibootusb :) My computer is very old and it crashes on VirtualBox :D
I wanna try all of them. But I am not want to try these one of one. CD and DVD is really slow. When I connect my usb it's faster than my own system :D

It can get really good when you configure it right. But sometimes you have to use old software versions, because it runs based in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS...

I run Ubuntu. I recently became tired of Unity - no problem, it just does not work for the way I think - so I installed a Cinnamon nightly to use on Ubuntu. I essentially have Mint now on my development machine, but without the long and dangerous process of backup, re-install, restore, and re-building apps from source (there are a few I need that do not have packages available).

Nothing flashy or "ooh! wow!" about Cinnamon - it just works. I like categorized menus - they help me. I'm one of those people who cannot remember application names. I can't tell you how many times I would go into the Unity menu and sit there thinking "what was that called, what was that called, what was that called...". Unity did not have an easy way to get to categorized menus, and when you do, you often have to scroll through a short horizontal list. That, and Unity would often show me the "working wheel" for about 5+ seconds when I clicked for the menus.

Cinnamon shows the categories right there. That helps me a lot. I guess if I was building from new. I would either go Ubuntu for fast updates and support, or Mint with Cinnamon for the way I work.

I am a long time user of Arch. I can install Arch and build the OS on my own. However, I would like to use Mangaro so I can concentrate on the book I am writing as well as a presentations I do with Libre Impress.

I have tried all of them and I can say that Manjaro with the Kde Plasma desktop has been the best for me.
It blends the arch based fact of rolling updates and makes it a bit newbie friendly. Kde Plasma can be demanding for a computer so you can use something like xfce. using an Arch based distro is an adventure and a fun one at that

Do you find KDE plasma buggy? I may consider it. Manjaro with Cinnamon is my choice. I am getting closer to a total move from Win10 to Linux. I have one desktop and one laptop using Linux Mint. I ordered a new laptop which I will use Manjaro Cinnamon on for my research work. I still have Win10 on a desktop and one laptop.

Do you find KDE plasma buggy? I may consider it. Manjaro with Cinnamon is my choice. I am getting closer to a total move from Win10 to Linux. I have one desktop and one laptop using Linux Mint. I ordered a new laptop which I will use Manjaro Cinnamon on for my research work. I still have Win10 on a desktop and one laptop.
So far from using it for a week I have encountered no buga. It looks good and runs well

Members online