I Thought Mint Cinnamon 21.1 was Slow.

I buy my SSD's secondhand from a computer store and they all come with a guarantee. Prices have dropped so fast recently. I was buying 64GB SSD's for less than 10 pounds. Now I can get 120GB SSD for the same price as what a 64GB SSD used to cost me. 120GB ssd can cost as low as 8 pounds now and 240GB costing 12 pounds. A 500GB SSD costing 30 pounds.

I like the Intel SSD's although there are different speeds they are all cheap but feel like good quality drives. I've had none fail on me.

The posts above make me wonder whether it is time to upgrade my backup drives to save time and carry-on luggage space for the traveler who swaps drives with me. The padded case measures 10x10x2.5 inches (25x25x6 cm). It holds a 6 Tbyte spinning drive, power brick, and USB cable. The padded case is much larger than I want, but it feels very safe and has been reliable and those drives are large and heavy and share the delicate nature of all spinning disk drives. I have been using those drives since 2015.

An external SSD would be much lighter, smaller, and less prone to physical damage from dropping or poor handling.

Padded Case for External Drive.JPG

Members online

Latest posts