I Remember DevynCJohnson from Somewhere!

sp331yi

Reaction score
Credits
Recently, in the Linux.org thread is-it-possible-to-convert-an-iso-to-img,
Guest DevynCJohnson answered the query. I remember this person from long ago.
It was early in my GNU/Linux expereince, maybe 8.5 to 10 years ago. At another
Linux forum site, I think. (That face is hard to forget) ...

Please enlighten me as to where and when!

Thanks darry1966! This is current info.
It doesn't strike a chord in my memory, however.
Guess I could make contact myself . . .

I think he's a programmer for Linux and Windows. BSD too I think.
Might be able to find him on Linkedin or Twitter.

Cheers,
Alex

Gracias, amigo

@sp331yi , and with whom do I have the pleasure to speak? Someone that I pay to ensure most of my information stays off the Internet brought this thread to my attention.

You may have seen me a lot on Linux.org from May 2013 to October 2015 back when IQNections owned this site (from my understanding, @Rob now entirely owns Linux.org, if so, congratulations, @Rob !). Back in April 2013, I had seen that Linux.org was seeking authors for articles. I had applied and was hired, as well as my father @Jarret B (my mother kept her last name and gave it to her offspring). In fact, @Rob was my first employer, and I will never forget that (thanks, Rob Kennedy).

@sp331yi , if Linux.org was not the place you saw me, I am not active much on the Internet nor do I make much of an appearance on the Internet, so you may have seen me on an Internet meeting with the company with which you work (I am self-employed and many companies think they want me, but I am picky as to with whom I work).

@darry1966 , I remember you. You are the creator of the Linux distro AnitaOS. I remember the first time I met you. You had asked a question on the forum and I answered it very well and you were very appreciative of the answer. In fact, you replied and said that if I were of age and lived close to you, you would have given me a beer. You should be thankful you live far from me, because I would drink all of your alcoholic beverages and all you would have to show for it are the empty cans and someone asking for more (^u^).

By the way, do any of you remember the user "pico" back around the end of 2013 to the beginning of 2014 whose real name was "Eugene"? I have not been able to find him in recent times.

Welcome back Devyn. You look remarkably well for someone aged 100. How old does that make your father?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

@wizardfromoz , thanks. I still well hydrated with the waters from the fountain of youth. Obviously, if I am 100, my father would be well over 100.

@darry1966 , yes, long time no see.

I take it that @sp331yi is no longer active on these forums. One of these days, @sp331yi will be back and be "Shit, I missed Devyn", and then @sp331yi will reply and months later, I will be like, "Shit, I missed @sp331yi ".

Devyn, he said he was taking a sabbatical of sorts, I think he referred to it as a "self-enforced exile" until the US election was over.

Now as we know, the dust will not settle on that until 20 January, so who knows?

He lives in the Chihuahua Desert if you want to go looking for him, but I don't know that he drinks a beer.

Cheers

Wizard