I need assistance

Abduraxim

Reaction score
Credits
Hello i'm using windows 10 and i want download linux to my PC but i'm afraid maybe it will damage my PC whot i should do

First I have some question
1. Do you now a linux you want to use ?
2. Do you want to save Windows and use them in a dual boot ?
3. Which computer do you have (CPU/Ram usw.) ?

And BTW why do you think linux will damage you computer ?

You have nothing to afraid Linux is so frendly with any kind of computer ( except the case you computer is soooo new but I don’t think is you occasion)

There are so many distros out there that can help you to choose your own.

The best case is to run one or many of them in a virtual machine and then - if you still want to use Linux - you can install to your machine .

Oh i'm using core i3 4gb ram i want save windows beauce maybe it didn' t work so if my linux isn't working i can use window i think it is better but i also thinking it will slow down my pc

Thank you arochester how about delete windows and install linux whot do you think and i want to know if it good which version will be right for me

I think your Computer is good enought to run every linux you want.
First you can install linux in a vm like CptCharis sayd or you can use live USB/DVDs to test linux.
And if you have decided wich linux you want to use you can istall it on a nothor hard drive or an USB stick.
Your Computer will run like before.

Well actualliy you are right thanks for this ideas i think as you said first i must try this my my pc wouldn't work

There are many relevant threads about which distro to choose , what is the best for newbies etc.

Take a look around

core i3 4gb ram

I have four words to say here

WUBI UEFI and Ubuntu MATE

(Wizard appears in a puff of smoke, bearing news on alternative ways of trying Linux)

@Abduraxim - welcome to linux.org :)

I have to say Hello and Goodbye at the same time, as I am from Australia and have to prepare the evening meal. :(

Tomorrow my time I will bring you more information on how you can you can try Linux out from within your Windows 10, get the full benefit of your 4GB RAM, not put your Windows at risk, and if you don't like it, or wish to try another Ubuntu, just delete the folder it is held in.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Well thank you wizardfromonz. Actually i must thank you all for kindness

This is last. I will ask you something can you sendme link which i can download directly the best version of linux please

The 'best' for me is Linux Mint 18.3

It is best for me because it is straightforward and stable

There is also Linux Mint 19 I have not tried this one yet, but the reports I get are good. I will move to 19, soon, because it is stable and also straightforward.

Both of these are recognised as being a good place to start with Linux. There is plenty of help and support available.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts