i might move to zorin os

When I first started multibooting in September 2014 I was using Ubuntu 14.04, Linux Mint 17 and Zorin OS 9.

I've used Zorin ever since, although I skipped 11. Have 12 and 15 currently on my external HDD that boots with this Dell Inspiron.

I like it.

@darry1966 Hey Darren, I'll watch those vids tomorrow - thanks for sharing :)

Wizard

I've used Zorin a good bit been through several updates and version numbers, I really liked it, it was one of my top favorites. Last time I used it, it was very windows like. More Windows like than any other distro. But I haven't used it in a couple of years so I can't say what's going on now. Just thought I'd drop my two cents in. All you can do is install it and see if you like it.

I've used Zorin a good bit been through several updates and version numbers, I really liked it, it was one of my top favorites. Last time I used it, it was very windows like. More Windows like than any other distro. But I haven't used it in a couple of years so I can't say what's going on now. Just thought I'd drop my two cents in. All you can do is install it and see if you like it.
I think I used zorin is with a live USB before when I had Linux mint

Zorin 15 Lite just released lately, and I checked it out on a USB today. I haven't tried it out in awhile, and I gotta say that this recent version is really awesome... and FAST. I have 8GB of RAM (on a 10-yr old desktop), but still, this Zorin USB was faster than probably anything else I can remember. It aims to be a replacement for folks soon to leave Windows 7 when it reaches EOL in January, and I do believe it will be a great replacement for those willing to take the plunge into Linux.

I'll have to check out their Core version soon too. One of these may end up as my everyday Linux. I really am quite impressed. It is well worth anyone to check out, and especially those with older computers.

Cheers

Last edited:
Core Zorin is in GNOME, the Lite in Xfce.

Avagudweegend

Wiz

Core Zorin is in GNOME, the Lite in Xfce.
Ugh, I'm not a GNOME fan. So XFCE in Zorin Lite for me.

Although I'm not a GNOME fan, other people love it... and I do love that we have variety to choose from and find what each of us prefers in Linux. Congratulations and thanks to the Zorin brothers who give us another fine alternative to enjoy. :cool::D

Cheers

Congrats, indeed :):)

Artyom and Kyrill Zorin have been at this since 2008/2009, and they are only 23 and 25 NOW. !!

They are originally from Ukraine - Dad was a Translator and Mum an Artist, and they moved to Dublin Ireland. I am not sure if one or both is/are now New York-based.

Some criticism has been levelled at them over the years, because there is a price tag to Zorin Ultimate, but the others are free, and given those of us who have been around for a while have seen Distros fold for lack of support (Arch-based Antergos a recent example), I am not one to point the finger.

Cheers

Wizard

Members online