I made a major ooops

it was like I was celebrating my birthday or something, everything was like a fresh install.
I love that !!
Timeshift has saved my bacon more times than I can count. I have also used it to reinstall an OS, after really screwing things up.

bleach bit.......I am mindful of @JasKinasis's comment...I would usually trust anything the guy says....his level of knowledge is so superior to mine......But.....I do feel you need to have a really good level of knowledge to use that tool safely. Obviously when I used it my level of knowledge was in the toilet !
My experience was such that I now simply use a few terminal commands to clean up the little bits and pieces of detritus, and then I leave it alone.
Linux is not a messy affair like windows which has fluff and crap all over the place. Generally I feel that Linux keeps itself fairly clean.

Editing images....would not have a clue !

Some programs do most of that , but bordering is the issue. IrfanView had all that and was very user-friendly.

Yeah, check out XnView - and check out their other offerings. You can even batch process files.

Don't know if it has been said....but just in case it hasn't.....XNVIEW is in the software manager of Linux Mint 21

XNVIEW is in the software manager of Linux Mint 21

That's awesome. They have other software on their site, some of it works with Linux. I was pretty happy when they started making XnViewMP for Linux, as it was something I used on Windows. It's all proprietary, and it's not open source. Still, that doesn't matter to me. I like their software.

It should be noted that it's free for personal use. Business and academic (I think) uses require buying a license. They can't really check, so it's up to you to do the right thing.

free for personal use.
Ta Da !!.....just hit install in the Software Manager, and you are in business. Looks like a good app.

Looks like a good app.

It's an awesome app. Wait 'til you learn how many file formats it works with. (All of them - and I do mean all of 'em.)

I'd probably get the current version, as it looks like the one in the repos is pretty old. It's just a .deb that you can install with little fanfare.

I love that !!
Timeshift has saved my bacon more times than I can count. I have also used it to reinstall an OS, after really screwing things up.

bleach bit.......I am mindful of @JasKinasis's comment...I would usually trust anything the guy says....his level of knowledge is so superior to mine......But.....I do feel you need to have a really good level of knowledge to use that tool safely. Obviously when I used it my level of knowledge was in the toilet !
My experience was such that I now simply use a few terminal commands to clean up the little bits and pieces of detritus, and then I leave it alone.
Linux is not a messy affair like windows which has fluff and crap all over the place. Generally I feel that Linux keeps itself fairly clean.

Editing images....would not have a clue !
Thanks.
I'm no wizard with Mint, Still learning. I've only been 100% Linux for about 3 months. Really got tired of Microsoft's B.S.
Jury is still out on Bleach Bit, I'd be up a creek if it wasn't for Timeshift..That saved my bacon big time.

Now..if I could get Wine installed & configured correctly I'd think I died and was in heaven.
Not sure if it's myself being dumber than a box of hair, or just having a senior moment...I just can't get it right. Just tried 3 more times and it just won't do anything with IrfranView.
I DuckDuckGo'd how to install Wine, followed it exactly, but when it starts talking about Windows directories..It's on through the fog for me.
Anyone have the Simpletons version on how to install WINE? I'd appreciate it.

Thank You.
And (Big drum roll here) Timeshift worked. Nearly everything is back to normal. Only glitch I had was to go back to a date that wasn't goobered up. In doing so, I got lucky and at the same time Bleach Bit went away.
Life is good!

Timeshift took about 30 minutes with all my re-tries.

Great to hear...you're lucky it worked no need to re-install the Distro. Many people have been in this position with Bleach Bit and there's no need to be...if you don't use it...you don't have problems.
t2305.gif

Linux doesn't fill up with rubbish like windwoes does...so no need to run "cleaning tools" of any kind and no need to defrag your Linux Distro either...never defrag an SSD.

There's a safe way to clean your Linux Mint Distro and it can be found here...
https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/clean-mint.html

Hope this helps.
m1212.gif

Agreed....a right royal pita.

I too, stuck a fork in it, and moved on

9 years later I am still ok without it.....and will be forever more.

Agreed....a right royal pita.

I too, stuck a fork in it, and moved on

9 years later I am still ok without it.....and will be forever more.
Not needed until Wednesday, but I've used Clonezilla a few times, not with Linux, but it was easy to figure out.

Members online

Latest posts