I Love Mint a great choice for the older generation

• Thread starter Deleted member 35560
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 35560

As some one new to Linux I have to say how much I love using Mint. It was so easy to install and to configure, far easier than other OS I have used in the past. Everything connected easily and without problems. I have had a minor one with it was it thinking I have headphones when I don't, but after worrying about it I now think I can live with it as it sorts it self out after a few moments. I did find that it ran a bit slow, but I installed an extra 2gb of memory and that has solved that issue.

I know some think it is similar to Windows 7, but it is not, it is better because you don't have to faff about to get things working as you want them. For someone not overly techie like me I love it because it just gets on with things and you get on with enjoying your PC life again.

I didn't want a Windows clone and I don't think Mint is, I think it is just a great OS where things are where they should be. I really would say for a pensioner like myself this is a great choice to use.

We all love to hear stories like that! Thanks for sharing with us!

Cheers

From your Profile:

Thank you - I do like it and am not going back to windows

A man after my own heart, lol.

I burned my bridges with Windows a little over 3 years ago and have not looked back.

And "The Minties" are still one of my faves.

Looking forward to hear of your journeys.

Wizard

From your Profile:

A man after my own heart, lol.

I burned my bridges with Windows a little over 3 years ago and have not looked back.

And "The Minties" are still one of my faves.

Looking forward to hear of your journeys.

Wizard
Thank you have done a blog on my journey thus for and might post it here later

Thank you have done a blog on my journey thus for and might post it here later
Welcome aboard mate. That blog might make interesting reading when you post it. I posted something like that when I went through the trials and tribulations of rebuilding my crashed Slackware install. I hope that it helped someone. That's what we're all about here, keeping someone else from having to re-invent the wheel. Just keep good notes!
Happy Trails,:D
Paul

As some one new to Linux I have to say how much I love using Mint. It was so easy to install and to configure, far easier than other OS I have used in the past. Everything connected easily and without problems. I have had a minor one with it was it thinking I have headphones when I don't, but after worrying about it I now think I can live with it as it sorts it self out after a few moments. I did find that it ran a bit slow, but I installed an extra 2gb of memory and that has solved that issue.

I know some think it is similar to Windows 7, but it is not, it is better because you don't have to faff about to get things working as you want them. For someone not overly techie like me I love it because it just gets on with things and you get on with enjoying your PC life again.

I didn't want a Windows clone and I don't think Mint is, I think it is just a great OS where things are where they should be. I really would say for a pensioner like myself this is a great choice to use.
i started on mandrake in the late 90s linux mint is a way easier and fun

Just been looking at my blogs about my journey from Windows into Mint. It is really quite interesting to see how cautious I was at the start and how gradually I became more confident. It's been like having a diary of which the last entry would read : Finally managed to drop all Windows connections as there are better applications to be found in the software manager. I know this is in the Mint section, but I wouldn't mind betting that my journey is similar to most who come across from other systems

You've got to crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you leap, leap before you fly.

Then when you are flying with Linux and relishing the freedom, you can look down on Planet Earth far below, and see the people crawling along like ants with other OSes, and find yourself thinking "Gee guys, you need to look up and see there is another world out there?"

Spread the word, and Keep the Faith, Bro' :D

Wiz

Staff online