I Keep Getting Low Graphics Mode In Lightdm..... :<

blackneos940

Reaction score
Credits
Geez, I'm all over this Forum..... :3 ..... Anywho, oh noes!..... :< It's back!..... :3 Only this time, the mongrel appears in a DIFFERENT form!..... :O Man, it's like playing Whack-a-Mole with this Laptop and Linux..... :( Any ideas, guys.....? :3 I remember trying to set up a macOS Lightdm Greeter, then THIS crap happened..... :< Have a good day, ok.....? :3

Oh yeah: Before I forget..... I can Login and stuff, but ONLY when I Tab to "Cancel", or "Ok"..... :3

Last edited:

This is a common problem if you have incorrectly edited some of the configs for lightdm, or one of the available greeters.
As far as I understand things, the lightdm greeters are basically standalone programs/scripts that hook into the lightdm API. Some greeters support themes, others do not.

Which lightdm greeter are you actually using at the moment? And what changes have you made to its configs?

If memory serves, I'm currently using the lightdm-kde-greeter, but I've set a custom theme for it. It was quite a while ago since I set it up, so I can't remember but I THINK I set the theme from inside KDE's settings manager. I don't think I manually edited any of the configs.

In Debian, there is a separate package for the lightdm-gtk-greeter, called lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings, which I think contains the tool/s to allow you to change the appearance/theme of the gtk greeter. So if you are using the gtk greeter - you might want to install and use that package.

In order to get lightdm working properly again, I'm guessing you'd probably need to do a forced re-install and re-configure of lightdm and/or the required lightdm greeter. Once you have lightdm working properly again, you can then take a look at changing the look/feel/theme of the greeter using the appropriate tools.

This is a common problem if you have incorrectly edited some of the configs for lightdm, or one of the available greeters.
As far as I understand things, the lightdm greeters are basically standalone programs/scripts that hook into the lightdm API. Some greeters support themes, others do not.

Which lightdm greeter are you actually using at the moment? And what changes have you made to its configs?

If memory serves, I'm currently using the lightdm-kde-greeter, but I've set a custom theme for it. It was quite a while ago since I set it up, so I can't remember but I THINK I set the theme from inside KDE's settings manager. I don't think I manually edited any of the configs.

In Debian, there is a separate package for the lightdm-gtk-greeter, called lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings, which I think contains the tool/s to allow you to change the appearance/theme of the gtk greeter. So if you are using the gtk greeter - you might want to install and use that package.

In order to get lightdm working properly again, I'm guessing you'd probably need to do a forced re-install and re-configure of lightdm and/or the required lightdm greeter. Once you have lightdm working properly again, you can then take a look at changing the look/feel/theme of the greeter using the appropriate tools.
Why thank you..... :3 I'm installing it now!..... ^^ Also, I think it was "50-Ubuntu-Greeter-GTK" or something that I edited..... :3 I can't WAIT to set a custom Theme now!..... ^^ Also, will this potentially FIX my issues with the Greeter.....? :) I sure hope so....... :3 Also, I had some Boneless Wings today..... How about yourself.....? :)

Sorry, I went offline almost immediately after posting that reply last night. It was almost 2am and I had to get some sleep before work this morning....

How did it go? Did you manage to fix the problem?

Sorry, I went offline almost immediately after posting that reply last night. It was almost 2am and I had to get some sleep before work this morning....

How did it go? Did you manage to fix the problem?
It's ok, buddy..... :3 I understand..... :3 Anywho, yes.... Or at least, I THINK so..... :) I switched to GDM, and haven't had that problem YET..... :D Thanks for the help, good sir!..... ^^

Members online