I have no sound.

Hello! This is a pretty common, but is luckily easily solved. I think perhaps the easiest thing to do will be go to a terminal and type 'alsamixer'. It'll bring up volume controls and you can see if your current setting is on mute. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest installing pulseaudio with 'sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils'.

If all else fails, it seems like many have this issue. First I'd start by googling 'Bodhi linux no sound', go through all the forum posts for it, and after that, since it's Ubuntu based, google 'Ubuntu no sound' and go through those posts too. You'll get it figured out, surely.

Ok finally i found an OS that i like "Bodhi" but i have no sound..

I believe Slashzero's answer should solve the problem. If Slashedzero's answer helped you, do not forget to mark it as the "Best Answer".

before you get to fancy theres a old fashion mic on taskbar click it next to the words mute click the x sound should work then

before you get to fancy theres a old fashion mic on taskbar click it next to the words mute click the x sound should work then
Thank you, I've been using Bodhi for quite a while and completely overlooked this as my problem. The only thing I would ad is to click the little gear icon and go in and un-mute the other items in the list. I found that just opening the slider was not enough. Once again, thanks. Best answer here

Hello! This is a pretty common, but is luckily easily solved. I think perhaps the easiest thing to do will be go to a terminal and type 'alsamixer'. It'll bring up volume controls and you can see if your current setting is on mute. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest installing pulseaudio with 'sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils'.

If all else fails, it seems like many have this issue. First I'd start by googling 'Bodhi linux no sound', go through all the forum posts for it, and after that, since it's Ubuntu based, google 'Ubuntu no sound' and go through those posts too. You'll get it figured out, surely.
hi thank a lot to solve my one year old problem
i just run alsamixer and then i can see whaat is muted
agian thanks a lot

Members online

Latest posts