I have found out how to make free money - with one company...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I won't share the name of the company, for obvious reasons. (No, not greed, but 'cause I like the company.)

I just noticed this and went back through older statements and it is consistently like this.

I get cash back on credit card purchases. If I buy something and then get a refund, I still keep my cash back. So, if I buy something for $200 and get $6 in cash back, I can then return the item for a refund and still keep the $6 that was my reward.

So, I just have to find stuff that's easy to return for a refund, buy and return it, and reap the rewards! It's pretty much free money!

Alas, I don't actually need the money. I just happened to notice this 'cause I had to return something and have been waiting for the refund to go through. Also, it's a whole lot of effort for something that's 'free'. You'd probably make more money by going to work.

Finally, I am going to assume there's some sort of threshold before they notice and take back the 'free' money - but I'm not seeing an instance of where they've done so for the entire time I have had this account. I don't return stuff often, so I could well be below the threshold where they give a crap.

I'm sure your CC company is already set up and ready for you to hit some threshold. And places like Amazon might blacklist people who return items too often.

Yeah, I'm sure there's a threshold where they start to notice - but I went back through my previous activity and they've yet to notice. But, I don't return stuff all that often. It's in the 'few times a year' category. I usually know what I'm ordering and that what I'm ordering is suitable for use.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts