I Had installed the xfce Variant of manjaro online-does ist also work with Openoffice?

endruschat100

Reaction score
Credits
To bei honest i Had given Up ob the Arch Installation&i wanted to know If i could
Install an Openoffice package here,and i said above the commands in the Userguide don't work

https://www.openoffice.org/porting/index.html

Looks like they only have it for Red Hat and Debian based distros. Best to check your repository also. It may also work for you using wine. I could have helped you a while back but I quit Manjaro after a terrible kernel update.

Install Anything​

"There are thousands of software applications available in the software center, including fully compatible equivalents of popular Windows software such as MS Office. Any additional software is also completely free. Searching for applications to install on the internet is not necessary."

They would almost certainly have access to either Open office or Libreoffice

Look HERE

Libreoffice install
pamac install libreoffice-fresh-en-gb

LibreOffice doesn't have dirty little Oracle fingers all over it.

Please Help me with the recognition of USB Stick s in this distribution, because my Sticks are Not recognized there !

I don't follow your question.

1. Do you have a working version of Manjaro Xfce installed on your computer?

The subject of USB sticks not being recognised would need to be the subject of a new Thread.

I can explain how to install Open Office on your Manjaro.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Unfortunately, I'm not on the internet with my notebook at the moment, yesterday I installed the entire distribution online
Installing openoffice seems complicated, is there maybe a shorter way like installing libre office via console?

LibreOffice is the default standard for Linux distributions, and is reasonably easy to install if you can get online
Please Help me with the recognition of USB Stick s in this distribution, because my Sticks are Not recognized there !
you need to start another question for this problem, please give a better description of what happens and any reports

I guess I'm confused also Is Manjaro installed on your machine or not? Or were you running it as a live session.
If you can not get on the internet with the machine. Then it will be a difficult task to install Open Office. Libre Office should already be installed with a Manjaro install. And I believe Open Office is available via the AUR repositories. Open Office is also available as a snap package and can be install that way also. There are options, But first we need to know what going on with the Manjaro install.

I downloaded the package yesterday from the manufacturer's website and wrote it to a usb stick and booted and installed it via usb &

via Internet

if openoffice is too complicated to install, libreoffice is enough for me,
Unfortunately, this terminal command above does not work for me:
pamac install libreoffice-fresh-en-gb

but this might work:

if not I'll write a few lines again, thanks

You can install Open Office alongside Libre Office if you wish to evaluate which you prefer.

I can explain how to install Open Office on your Manjaro.

The methods mentioned by @kc1di were
And I believe Open Office is available via the AUR repositories. Open Office is also available as a snap package and can be install that way also.

Let's look at AUR method first (my preference)

AUR METHOD

We first need to establish the presence of a package named

yay

pacman -Qi yay

If it is not there, install it

sudo pacman -S yay

Normally (don't do this unless interested) you would then issue

yay -S openoffice

but some of the older internet articles are wrong, and this will ultimately fail on 2 counts.

One is that the package we must use is actually

openoffice-bin

and the other will say

==> ERROR: Cannot find the fakeroot binary.

This last error can occur to thwart attempts to install a number of packages from AUR so let's address it first, with

sudo pacman -S --needed base-devel

That is a double-dash before needed

Then issue

yay -S openoffice-bin

With yay, you don't need to start with sudo, it will prompt you if or when it needs your password.

When it shows

==> Diffs to show?

Choose (with an uppercase N)

==> [N]one

and it will continue.

When it outputs

==> Packages to cleanBuild?

Choose None again and it will continue to completion.

At the finish, you should have OO installed and available from your Menu.

I will deal with the snap option a little later.

More coffee.

Wizard

Members online

Latest posts