I dont know where to start!

lelelenard

Reaction score
Credits
I just got my laptop yesterday and was upset to see that it couldn't run any of my favorite games. After watching every video on how to install Linux, I'm still very confused. I've installed ubuntu, but I'm not certain where to go from there! help me haha

The question is what do you want to do with your pc?
For certain usecases you can install deferment software, Libre office for office, gimp or krita for picture manipulation, openshot for videoediting or steam for some games.
You just have to say what you want to do with your pc and we'll help you.
One thing to understand is that Linux is not like other operating system and will not behave in certain ways as most windows or Mac OS users will expect it to.

yes @poorguy that pretty much does address everything i like
Problem #1: Linux isn't exactly the same as Windows.

I just got my laptop yesterday and was upset to see that it couldn't run any of my favorite games.
If you are going to be gaming on Linux then you will probably want to educate yourself on "Gaming on Linux". A lot of stuff works - some stuff doesn't - but it may not be as easy as "point and click".

I'm still very confused. I've installed ubuntu, but I'm not certain where to go from there! help me haha
If it were me... I'd just start pointing and clicking and exploring. Look in the Software Center - find a few interesting apps - install them. Create some files, open some files, open some apps, see what is there.

Steam installs on Linux, if you play those. Not a gamer, just vicarious knowledge :D