I do not knows how to noted a file path in tkinter (python)

fremis

Reaction score
Credits
so i want to put a icon picture in a tkinter window but i don't known how to noted a path after root.inconbitmap(""). and when i just write the picture name it comes an error written ;;
_tkinter.TclError: bitmap "picture.ico" not defined
if someone can help me to fix it out it will be great
and sorry for my bad English (I am french)

Where is your icon stored?
What you have at the moment assumes that the icon file is in the current working directory.

If your .ico file is in a different directory, you’ll need to provide the path to the icon file.
Either using an absolute path.
e.g.
Python:
root.iconbitmap('/path/to/picture.ico')
Where /path/to/ is the fully qualified path to the file picture.ico.

Or by using a relative path.
e.g.
Python:
root.iconbitmap('./subdir/picture.ico')
Where ./subdir/ is a sub directory of the current working directory.

Or if the file is in a directory that is higher in the tree than the working directory, you would use a number of instances of ../ to traverse upwards through the tree.
E.g.
Python:
root.iconbitmap('../../somedir/picture.ico')
Means the icon file is two levels up from the current working directory and inside a sub-directory there called somedir.

So you need to make sure that the icon file is somewhere appropriate AND that you provide the correct path to it in your Python script.

so i want to put a icon picture in a tkinter window but i don't known how to noted a path after root.inconbitmap(""). and when i just write the picture name it comes an error written ;;
_tkinter.TclError: bitmap "picture.ico" not defined
if someone can help me to fix it out it will be great
and sorry for my bad English (I am french)
No problem, I can help you with that!

To use an icon image in a Tkinter window, you need to provide the full path to the image file. Here's an example code snippet:
import tkinter as tk

root = tk.Tk()

# Replace 'path/to/picture.ico' with the full path to your icon image
root.iconbitmap('path/to/picture.ico')

root.mainloop()

Make sure you replace 'path/to/picture.ico' with the actual path to your image file.

If you're still getting the error message _tkinter.TclError: bitmap "picture.ico" not defined, it might be because the file is not in the correct format or cannot be opened. Make sure that the file exists at the specified path and is in the .ico format.

I hope this helps!