I confess.....MS WIN10

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
So Tues morning my older desktop after an update, went into a loop. On Win10 picture screen, touch the keyboard I got to the sign in screen once. Did all but a complete recovery. Could not "repair" because "disk problem" ran the repair... said "no problems found" off/on, nope. Have had a power loop, older PC. It would almost boot, shut down then repeat.

So went and bought a new desktop, HP with W10. Under 500 with tax on sale. Intel i5-10400 2.9ghz * gigs ram. 1Tb HD. Old 1Tb HD plugged it into a Hot swap Sata reader on my desk.

The HD is just fine. Soooo Windows.:mad: It would seem gone are the days I build my own anymore. Last 2 were bought. Still have 4 programs that are Win only. Once they migrate to Web based as have 3 others I use for work, I will no longer use MS anything.

On the plus side the older deskie will now be a Linux box not sure which distro, or a benchie testing machine.

It is not by coincidence that I've used Linux exclusively since 2007. That's also the same year I was able to retire. Not being hindered by other folks choices is pretty sweet. Hopefully you'll get to decide what OS you use entirely soon, especially as more things go web-based.

4 laptops all Running Tux's First put Red Hat on a PC in 1998 or so, old 286. Used to build PC's all the time. Always took one that was done upgrading, moving to the next Socket and CPU took the old and put Linux on them....like Suse used to be easier to buy Linux Mag and install from CD then DVD. Before net speeds became fast enough to download ISO's. 14k modem was not good enough. Cable modems were fast but still not enough. Now Download 2 gigs in about 5 or so min actual.

Tux is not overdressed....he actually don't wear clothes. :D

Tux always wears a suit!
63019d2538473d3eb000250e6f0b99a3.png

Still have 4 programs that are Win only. Once they migrate to Web based as have 3 others I use for work, I will no longer use MS anything.
Use WIIIIIIIINE........................

Wine just works for me (on the rare occasions that I actually use it).

Members online