I can't seem to print files.

Confused_nerd

Reaction score
Credits
I use linux mint 20.1 ulyssa cinnamon version, all updated.
My printer model is Brother HL-L2321D.

I can print the text files and .odt files, however any other file is not printed (some pdfs which are printed are not the same as on screen, some text is missing etc.). I can't print photos or even pdfs.

I have checked that drivers are all properly installed, even downloading them again from the brother website.
Searching for help online, I came across the cups-pdf solution which doesn't work for me either.
Can someone help, I don't wanna go back to windows!

I can print the text files and .odt files, however any other file is not printed

this appears to be a common to the Brother HL range
have a read of this from the Ubuntu forums

I can print the text files and .odt files, however any other file is not printed (some pdfs which are printed are not the same as on screen, some text is missing etc.).
The fact that you can print .odt and text files, meaning that this is not a driver-related problem.
some pdfs which are printed are not the same as on screen, some text is missing etc.
Most likely it has something to do with your PDF software or image viewer. Did you try Libre Office Draw or Okular? More details from this link below.

The fact that you can print .odt and text files, meaning that this is not a driver-related problem.

Most likely it has something to do with your PDF software or image viewer. Did you try Libre Office Draw or Okular? More details from this link below.

Hello, is that asuna on your profile pic?
Yes I have tried LibreOffice Draw, Ocular, and some other pdf editors mentioned in that article.
Currently using Evince, none worked.

this appears to be a common to the Brother HL range
have a read of this from the Ubuntu forums

I have tried doing that before, it just adds another printer to the printers application and then I can select it during the printing. However, that does not seem to work.

I have tried doing that before, it just adds another printer to the printers application
I would be inclined to delete ALL the current print driver installations for the HL, and start again

Yes I have tried LibreOffice Draw, Ocular, and some other pdf editors mentioned in that article.
I found tons similar problems and solutions on Google and Linux Mint forum. I don't know which one will solve yours. But here's the link:
Google search - Can't print photo in Brother printer Linux.
Hello, is that asuna on your profile pic
Yes, Asuna from SAO. I found the image somewhere on search engine. Not a fan of SAO but I think this picture is suitable as my profile pic.

I found tons similar problems and solutions on Google and Linux Mint forum. I don't know which one will solve yours. But here's the link:
Google search - Can't print photo in Brother printer Linux.

Yes, Asuna from SAO. I found the image somewhere on search engine. Not a fan of SAO but I think this picture is suitable as my profile pic.
Lmao, you even linked a google search. Unfortunately, I also had access to google and used it.
After trying a lot of solution which weren't working, I posted the question here. Gonna try something else.

PS. Nobody is a fan of SAO

Members online