I can't open any application. Nothing i cant run. Its say "Unable to mkstemp"

iam.Shanto

Reaction score
Credits
IMG_20220828_231329.jpg

Which distribution are you using

Sorry I have had a good search round, and can find no Ubuntu/Mint solutions, you could try deleted your /tmp directory mkdir -p /tmp/mkstempc, this seems to work, but I would rather. If you can, you wait to see if any of our more experienced programmer types have a better suggestion

I'm NOT a programmer, just a mechanic. But from what I hear, try disabling SELINUX.

Sorry I have had a good search round, and can find no Ubuntu/Mint solutions, you could try deleted your /tmp directory mkdir -p /tmp/mkstempc, this seems to work, but I would rather. If you can, you wait to see if any of our more experienced programmer types have a better suggestion
IMG_20220829_133352.jpg

Now What happen guys? I cant enter my Destop.?

From looking at the original post, the file-system went into read-only mode. Which means there is probably some problem with your HDD/SSD - possibly some bad sectors, or some other problem that indicates that the disk may be close to failure. Or it could just be some corruption of the file-system.

So, your first port of call should probably be to boot a Linux live USB, or liveCD/DVD and try to recover any data/files from your drive, then run fsck on the HDD/SSD to check the integrity of the file-system and the disk.

Members online