i cannot insert files into my linux data partition

endruschat100

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I am currently using the mageia distribution and I suspect that I can use the created data partition correctly with another file manager.
I don't know exactly the "cmake" commands. If someone can help me? I want to install a suitable file manager.

My second question would be, if I install a 2nd distribution of Linux, how are the 2 bootloaders supposed to get along?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. When you created the data partition what priviledges did you give it? if you allow usr to write to it any file manager should work . You said you were using Mageia Which desktop the file manager depends on which desktop you are using. I don't think installing a separate file manager will help you much.
Give us a little more info to go on. What is it exactly your trying to accomplish?
Secondly if you install another Linux Distro along side Mageia then the last distro you install usually will control Grub boot loader and should pick up the mageia entry without problem.

If I understand you correctly, do I have to consider settings when creating a partition?
i want to use the data partition so that i can store files there in linux!

If I understand you correctly, do I have to consider settings when creating a partition?
i want to use the data partition so that i can store files there in linux!
Make sure the partition is writable.

I cannot change the authorizations in the file manager!
maybe I have to enter something in the console?

sorry-I didn't see-now I'm logged in as administrator-and can edit the rights, thanks
but are there also options to enter something in the console when you open the console in this partition?

Staff online

Latest posts