I Can Transfer Pictures From My Phone to My Computer, but Not Vice-Versa

D

Deleted member 111282

I'm currently running Mint 20.2 Cinnamon on my Lenovo Thinkpad X200 laptop/tablet, and I have a Kyocera DuraXV Extreme flip phone, which runs a stripped down version of Android 9 on it. There's a picture on my computer of my cat and her late "siblings", and I want to make that my wallpaper for my phone. By using my phone's USB cable, I've managed to copy and paste it from my computer, but whenever I go to my pictures on my phone, it doesn't recognize it being there. Being that uploading pictures from my phone works perfectly fine, why won't it work the other way around?

Another way perhaps of getting the image onto your phone is to email it to an email address that your phone can access.

You can copy but not write. That oozes a permissions issue to me. If you can adjust the permissions and make them write accessible to all, then that might do the trick.

Take a photo of the pic on the computer with your phone

The set it as desktop on the phone

I decided to poke around with an Android phone that I didn't care if it was ruined.

I can copy stuff to it just fine - especially through the file manager - dropping images into the DCIM folder or even into a folder called Pictures.

But, the permissions weren't restricting anything and I couldn't find any way to actually change them.

Members online