i am confused with distros.

Reaction score
Credits
i am new to linux , and want to download distro but there are a lot and I don't know which is suitable for me , I have dell vistro 3400 , 12 gb ram , i3 11 gen , 1 tb HDD and windows 11 , I want a distro which is faster than windows , have security and easy to use .

If you're new to Linux, check out the most popular distributions -- Mint, Manjaro, Debian and Fedora are good starts.

All of them "have security" and they are reasonably easy to use in terms of being shipped with a lot of settings tools with graphical user interface. Anyway, be ready to read, and be clear that there's a lot to learn in front of you.

(ps - deleted Ubuntu from list, as being based in Snaps makes it slower than Windows in my own experience, which breaks OP's requirements).

If you're new to Linux, check out the most popular distributions -- Mint, Manjaro, Debian and Fedora are good starts.

All of them "have security" and they are reasonably easy to use in terms of being shipped with a lot of settings tools with graphical user interface. Anyway, be ready to read, and be clear that there's a lot to learn in front of you.

(ps - deleted Ubuntu from list, as being based in Snaps makes it slower than Windows in my own experience, which breaks OP's requirements).
in the Debian download there is no configuration, sir, can you tell me how to check Debian's system requirements and its feature.

You can try Linux Mint and Linux Lite...both are easy to use and user friendly.
happy0035.gif

You can try before you install...just download either ISO and burn it to a Flash Drive.
happy0034.gif

Just noticed this is your second Thread on the same subject.
confused0039.gif

Last edited:
In the Installation Instructions from the current release, under their webpage, there's all the information you need. You must read those instructions.

Aside from your choices, always select an image that:
  • You can boot from a usb drive or optic media without installing, to try before you nuke your disk's contents.
  • It includes non-free firmware packages (usually you want images that end with -nonfree for Debian, included by default in the others from the list).

I will not add any more than I have already listed on your other thread, I will add that as your machine is fairly cutting edge, the first one I would try is MX-21-AHS, as it contains more up-to-date drivers than most other distributions.
And I apologise your other thread got over run, these things sometimes happen.

In the end it's your choice. But this page may be of help in figuring it out. You have received much good advise already from this thread and your other thread. So it's time to choose a couple and burn them to USB/DVD and give them a try live. That will tell you what might work with your hardware and give you a chance to see if any of them work best for you. Good luck.
One good thing about Linux is you get to choose :)

I have downloaded the iso file for mint cinnamon, I have question, should I back up my data or my data will be transferred to the new os automatically, why I can't reply on my other thread am I blocked ?

I have downloaded the iso file for mint cinnamon, I have question, should I back up my data or my data will be transferred to the new os automatically
You should always back up your data before installing a new OS.

why I can't reply on my other thread am I blocked ?
If you posted the same questions in multiple threads, they may very well have locked the other threads.

If you posted the same questions in multiple threads, they may very well have locked the other threads.
sir is there any instruction page for using this site that I have to read, if yes pls give me the link, so I don't disturb others , like you said repeat q blocks threads

sir is there any instruction page for using this site that I have to read, if yes pls give me the link, so I don't disturb others , like you said repeat q blocks threads
"Terms and Rules" on the page footer.

but my some data is on a inscrypted play store app , which I use with bluestack 5 so if I backup the data in the app in blue stack 5 will delete?
I'm not familiar with Bluestack. You would need to research how to backup/restore their data.

Mint is a good choice to start with. You may want to read the install guide found here.

I have no info on your data, Other than back up what is important to you. Because you apt to loose it.
Good luck.

Bluestack 5 is a 32 bit android gaming app, it has been ported to both Windows and Mac, NOT Linux, if you wish to run it on Linux you will need to install it in a windows VirtualBox,
gaming is not my in my sphere of expertise,

why not try reversing your current idea? Instead of loading Linux in place of windows, keep windows and run Linux from inside using WSL

Members online