Hung Logon Screen

@wizardfromoz @Condobloke @captain-sensible
Hey Wiz,
There you go again. I can't find a hat big enough to fit this big head I now have!!! LOL.
OG TC

BTW No one has mentioned the picture I have on my posts.

Best tell us about it in Off Topic, Charlie, and yes, I am guilty as charged.

Wiz

Vicky

1. What capacity is the external storage for Timeshift screenshots?

2. What size was the screenshot/s you took?

3. What is the tag/level on the screenshot/s?

eg

tags.png

and

filters.png

Wizard

Hello Wizard, so nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry i don't know what the size was, and I have cleared it from my backup drive as I decided to go with Cinnamon and start over. Besides I believe it was an operator error :( Imagine that! I did another timeshift backup for the Cinnamon 19,3 and discovered a selection I didn't see before. I suspect I didn't set it up right before. I think this one will be good, and I plan to make another type of backup...clonezilla or something as soon as I learn how. I'm trying to find the size of the current timeshift backup. Current timeshift is 13.7GB.

My issue now is about 19.3 and usb external modems. Does Tricia support dialup. I have GNOMEPPP properly config and I'm using the modem now on the Windows machine, yet I can't get the modem to be detected by PPP or any other way. wvdial is config properly. I'm researching, yet haven't got a clue, where to go or what to do. I've read man pages and help info without success. Can someone please help.

Thanks again. How's the shoulder?

Last edited:
Shoulder getting a little bit better after 5 months plus, another 7 to go according to medical advice. Thanks for asking.

Vicky, at Terminal the output of

Code:
inxi -D

would be helpful

If no output or command not found

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install inxi

and then repeat.

Cheers

Wizard

@wizardfromoz @captain-sensible
Hey Wiz,
You lost me and this dense head with your Off Topic comment. Please clarify. Danke.
Cap,
I saw your comment about C programming and now can't find it to answer you.
Danke Guys.
OG TC

@wizardfromoz @captain-sensible
Hey Wiz,
You lost me and this dense head with your Off Topic comment. Please clarify. Danke.
Cap,
I saw your comment about C programming and now can't find it to answer you.
Danke Guys.
OG TC
i think you said something like , i'm learning C going to re-write the kernel and show that geezer Torvalds something. Or maybe that Rioja i was drinking kicked in...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts