HP Laptop, Live Zorin USB Sticks Not Recognised

PhilippinPete

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone, it's been awhile and I want to let you know that I love using Zorin. I have run into a problem though. I downloaded Zorin on two USB's that I used for installation. When I plug these particular USB's into my other laptop which is an HP (Running Windows 10) and One USB is not recognized at all and the other one is recognized as "G drive" but I cannot open it or format it. These are both brand spanking new and all they have on them is Linux Zorin OS. Is there anyway to restore these to original condition or are they no good? Any advice, suggestions or violent reactions? Pete

Hi everyone, it's been awhile and I want to let you know that I love using Zorin. I have run into a problem though. I downloaded Zorin on two USB's that I used for installation. When I plug these particular USB's into my other laptop which is an HP (Running Windows 10) and One USB is not recognized at all and the other one is recognized as "G drive" but I cannot open it or format it. These are both brand spanking new and all they have on them is Linux Zorin OS. Is there anyway to restore these to original condition or are they no good? Any advice, suggestions or violent reactions? Pete
If Zorin has GParted in its software list/repository....you use that. Open gparted...there will be a drop down menu in the top right hand corner.....click there and choose the USB (make SURE) you choose the right one. Right click it and select format. (If the USB has mounted itself when it was plugged in, right click it and select unmount ) Then go ahead and right click again and format to whatever file system you choose.

((Perhaps @wizardfromoz would be kind enough to move this to the proper spot !?.... :cool: ;) :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts