HP Envy Wireless 110 All In One Printer Won't Print or Scan SOLVED

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
The last time I used my printer/scanner back in May of 2021, it worked just fine.

Last week I tried to print and the printer showed that a print job was done however it didn't produce anything and the printer failed to work.
I went to the CUPS website deleted the printer and than added it again and still no joy.

There are some documents that I need to scan that are important so I need some help asap.

Printer.png

Scanner.png

Last edited:

I'm running this printer under Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE.

It's connected to the local host so I don't get what's wrong.

OK.. my main machine is mint and I have an envy printer run s fine..
First go into printers delete all current envy installations [and any drivers you have downloaded from elsewhere]
then switch off, connect the printer by USB and switch it on, then switch on your computer and let it boot. you should get a message installing hard ware [on bottom left,] when its finished go to printers in the main menu and check its listed, if it is, then do a test print..
YOU CANT USE THE HP SCAN INSTRUCTIONS... go to menu all apps scroll down to find simple scan and use that

Bwiz

OK.. my main machine is mint and I have an envy printer run s fine..
First go into printers delete all current envy installations [and any drivers you have downloaded from elsewhere]
then switch off, connect the printer by USB and switch it on, then switch on your computer and let it boot. you should get a message installing hard ware [on bottom left,] when its finished go to printers in the main menu and check its listed, if it is, then do a test print..
YOU CANT USE THE HP SCAN INSTRUCTIONS... go to menu all apps scroll down to find simple scan and use that

Bwiz
My printer doesn't connect by a USB.
It's wireless and connects to my local host / internet connection.

I deleted the printer and added it again.
I tried to print a test page and it would not print.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It should have a usb connection in the back, it is always best to initially use this for set up..
if you cant use usb
in menu go to printers and uninstall [if its there] the hp printer,
go to software manage type in the search box "HPLIP"
{{If it says installed then uninstall
re-boot}}
switch on the printer and its wi-fi
on your go to WI-FI [bottom right of task bar ] click to open all available connections
search for your printer click on your printer and put in the 9 digit [usually 9] pass-code and enter
it should show connected to printer [once it loads the drivers]
select and try printing a page/picture
now if it works you may need to re-configure your local network
scanning will still only work with simple scan as far as I am aware

Bwiz

My printer doesn't connect by a USB.
It's wireless and connects to my local host / internet connection.

brickwiz is right.

I've had 3 or 4 wireless scanners over the years. I've never gotten one to scan over the wifi with Linux.
They will usually print OK. I always have to connect via USB or Ethernet to scan.

I managed to print a test page from the CUPS website but the printer still won't do a simple scan.

The scanner worked before and has for the last 5 years.
I don't understand why it won't scan.

Last edited:
I tried unplugging the printer and plugged it back in.
The scanner isn't being recognized.

This printer and scanner has worked for the last 10 years under Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Slackware and Ubuntu.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to get the scanner working again?

In worst case scenario you can take a picture of the documents with your mobile phone, that's what I always do when I need to send documents digitally. I used to use the scanner at work every now and then but with the pandemic I've been working from home and I still do but I rarely need to scan documents.

I figured out the problem.
I had HPLIP version 3.17.10 installed.

The current version of HPLIP is 3.21.4 and I just installed that.

The scanner is working! Yahoo!

Members online