HP 24 All-in-one 24-f0024 on Pop OS wifi and bluetooth don't show up

yowan4real

Reaction score
Credits
Good morning! I have an HP 24 All-in-One 24-f0024 running POP OS 22.04 smooth as butter. The only problem i have is that it doesnt show up the wifi and bluetooth built in. Any help thank you

G'day @yowan4real and welcome to linux.org.

You've put Pop!_OS on two different computers, have you?

Did you use the same installation medium?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Probably a problem with the wireless card and Pop [problems with pop are not uncommon, as it is built to run on a specific range of products by system 76]
it may be a simple as not loading the correct drivers for the card, to check install inxi and run inxi -Nn and paste back the results

It looks like from my searching that the machine has a realtek wireless/bluetooth card. Which will require the installation of a correct diver/firmware. I believe but and not sure that it's a realtek 8188ce. But to know for sure do what @Brickwizard has requested. Here a link although it from Mint it should work on POPos also.

Probably a problem with the wireless card and Pop [problems with pop are not uncommon, as it is built to run on a specific range of products by system 76]
it may be a simple as not loading the correct drivers for the card, to check install inxi and run inxi -Nn and paste back the results
This is what came up

Code:
 Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
    driver: r8169
  IF: enp3s0 state: down mac: 80:e8:2c:27:00:94

scrub that..
is this on a laptop?

scrub that...

Sorry brain not functioning too well tonight.
so its an HP laptop on a stick, by this I mean it is constructed with laptop components integrated into the screen, I have not had one of these across my bench, so
the inxi report doesn't show any wi-fi or Bluetooth installed, if you're using a USB Wi-Fi plug it in a different socket and run inxi again, we are looking for a second output for device 2, wi-fi and its driver,
as it is built from laptop components, does it have a separate switch or key combination to switch the wi-fi on/off?

I can’t complain. It was a gift since my friend was upgrading to another computer

Nice gift,
read post 5 in this thread https://www.linux.org/threads/pop-os-hdmi-stopped-working.42154/
I recommend you try a different [full] distro, Ubuntu, Mint cinnamon, mx-64 or Debian with additional driver pack
Thank you and by the way I guess doing your steps and updating it did the job, like 10 minutes ago the wifi and bluetooth within the system became visible and now I am able to use it. Thanks a lot. I see the linux community is really patient with new users and very helpful. I dont think I will go back to Windows. I will just keep Windows in another Desktop I have because I use protools and other music recording programs.

@yowan4real , better outcome than i was expecting, if you're now happy, please return to your first post and amend the title to include "Solved"
thanks

Members online

Latest posts