HP 15 f222wm with telikin

spacecoast

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings from Florida. I inherited a hp laptop from my stepfather. I've discovered it was setup for seniors with Telikin. Telikin is very uncool, I'm being nice here. It's my understanding that Telikin is a linux system or it's being used as part of the telikin. I'd like to be able to replace it with a better Linux, (xp style hopefully), not sure which would be best for this laptop. Will there be any issues in accomplishing this? BTW this is a touch screen model. The specs (originally from hp anyway) are as follows.

BrandHP
Screen15.6 inches
Screen SurfaceGlossy
TouchscreenYes
Pixels1366 x 768
Storage500 GB(All HDs and SSDs combined)
Solid State Drive0 GB
Ram4 GB
CPUIntel Pentium N3540 2.16 GHz (Bay Trail Quad-Core)
GPUIntel HD
Operating SystemWindows 10

Any incite will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Aro, it is without doubt an HP and it is touchscreen. The Telikin people would use Hp's and others with thier altered Linux making a seniors capable machine. I'm guessing if you never used a computer it would then maybe be useful. I find it very irritating.
My concern is not finding bios. Can I just throw it in and it will automatically boot from disc? It's very hard to find access, but then, I'm a windows baby. I like nothing newer than xp, which is why I thought I'd try Linux.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu...

Well now I feel like an idiot. I tried all f numbers before to no avail.
Now I need to figure which linux would fit best.
Thanks again Aro.

Members online

Latest posts