How to unblock wlan1 softblocked problem. wpa_supplicant problem. Please help

Arjun1919

Reaction score
Credits
I am currently using a Acer Aspire one netbook. The OS I am using is AntiX linux. I am using an external wifi dongle to connect to the wifi. The drivers for the dongle were already present in the OS and it was successfully detected. I went to the 'CENI' application to connect to the wifi. I typed in my root password. I selected my dongle hardware out of the ones listed. When asked 'scan' or 'roam' I selected 'scan'. Here I was met with an error message (written below).

Scanning for wireless networks successfully initialized

wpa_supplicant

rfkill: WLAN soft blocked

I didn't know what this meant as I am pretty new to linux. So I just kept selecting the scan option again and again. Then, another error message showed up. (written below).

Scanning for wireless networks successfully initialized

wpa_supplicant

rfkill: WLAN soft blocked

ctrl_iface exists and seems to be in use - cannot override it

Delete 'run/wpa_supplicant/wlan1' manually if it is not used anymore
Failed to initialize control interface '/run/wpa_supplicant', You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplicant in which case you will need to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again

n180211: deinit ifname=wlan1 disabled_11b_rates=0

I really do not know what this message means as I am very new to linux and do not know much programming. I did not know what to do so I hit the internet and found this piece of code ($ rfkill list all). When I typed it in the terminal, I was met with this message (written below)

0: phy0: Wireless LAN

Soft blocked: yes

Hard blocked: no

1: phy1: Wireless LAN

Soft blocked: yes

Hard blocked: no

I am guessing that the Soft blocked should turn into "no" for phy0 and phy1 but I truly have no clue how to make this happen. Please help me fix this problem. I will really appreciate a detailed answer as I have very limited technical and programming knowledge. Thank you very much!

"Soft blocked" means "blocked by software". A faulty driver or other kernel module can lead to connectivity loss.
Code:
 rfkill list

if you wlan is listed you can try

Code:
rfkill unblock wlan

Members online