Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Follow us on twitter - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages. https://twitter.com/linuxdotorg
    Dismiss Notice

how to send email to Distribution list from CentOS

Discussion in 'Mail Server' started by Kandasamy Murugan, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Kandasamy Murugan

Kandasamy Murugan New Member

I have a Centos linux server for my team, which is a part of corp network,I have scripts running in the server that trigger reports (bug reports, productivity reports etc) from this server to the team for tracking purposes. When I use email alias in the To column, the mails are not going. If I use individual emails IDs to send reports, its working.
    Is there any restriction in sending mails to Group IDs? Can you pls sort this issue?
    [[email protected]*******~]# echo "Subject: Test Email from Kanda" | sendmail ENI-Desktop [email protected]*********.com<mailto:[email protected]**********.com> <-- Mails to ENI-Desktop Support. ( Aliases) This is not working
    [[email protected]******* ~]# echo "Subject: Test Email from Kanda" | sendmail [email protected]************.com<mailto:[email protected]************.com> <-- This works fine.

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

2. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

G'day @Kandasamy Murugan and welcome to linux.org :)

I am moving this Thread to "Mail Server" where it will receive the attention you need.

Good luck

Chris Turner
    wizardfromoz

Kandasamy Murugan likes this.
  3. Kandasamy Murugan

Kandasamy Murugan New Member

Thanks @CHRIS Turner :)