How to reset printer ink levels

Billtour

Reaction score
Credits
I just replaced two ink cartridges in my Epson XP-4100. The printer lcd screen show them both at full capacity along with the other two cartridges at something above 0% full. I can't print because Linux is still giving me a "marker-supply-low-report" message for the XP-4100. How do get Linux to see what the printer sees regarding the ink levels?

Is the printer connected wirelessly?...if so reboot the printer...(turn it off, wait a minute, turn it back on)

If connected by usb, disconnect the printer, then turn the printer off, wait a minute, turn it back on again and reconnect the usb cable

Success?

The printer is connected wirelessly. Turning it off and on did not help. So, I copied the printer, which got rid of the error message. Then I tried to print a test page which resulted in the message "Processing - The printer is unreachable at this time." I can see the test page in the queue. The printer is on the network because I can print via my phone as usual. I don't know what's going on. I hope you do.

I hope you do.
Good luck with that !
If the printer is unreachable, I can only assume that means that the wifi is not making the necessary connection to make the print job work
wifi connections are strange beasts

They work to a different set of rules to the rest of humanity

Reboot the pc/laptop and the printer as well. Clear any jobs waiting etc before you do this.

I sometimes access the printer by logging in from the phone....for some unknown reason that sometimes 'clears the air' and in addition to a pc reboot gets the whole show on the road again.

Anything is worth a try?

It turns out that the IP address got changed from .....100 to.....110. I have no idea how that happened, but changing to the correct address fixed it. The clue was that I couldn't get to the printer via the browser. Thanks.

Staff online