How to reliably set up Zerotier to work with KDE connect?

acornator

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to set up zerotier with KDE connect cause my school use eduroam and I switch places a lot. It worked for a short while right after I set it up but just suddenly stopped working the next day. All of my devices are still connected and can even see their peers, but KDE connect just doesnt work, they cant pair with each other. Is there a way to reliably set this up so it just works every time?

KDE Connect uses dynamic ports in the range 1714-1764 for UDP and TCP. So if you are behind a firewall, make sure to open this port range for both TCP and UDP. Otherwise, make sure your network is not blocking UDP broadcast packets

KDE Connect uses dynamic ports in the range 1714-1764 for UDP and TCP. So if you are behind a firewall, make sure to open this port range for both TCP and UDP. Otherwise, make sure your network is not blocking UDP broadcast packets
Do you know how to do that on Linux? And would I have to do that on my phone too? Can I even do that on phone?

Most Linux OSes use UFW (Uncomplicated FireWall) by default and it may be on or off by default depending on your Distro and whether you enabled it or not - to find out if it is enabled in the terminal type
Code:
sudo ufw status
If it is enabled - try
Code:
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp 
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
If it is Not enabled then your firewall is not the issue

Most Linux OSes use UFW (Uncomplicated FireWall) by default and it may be on or off by default depending on your Distro and whether you enabled it or not - to find out if it is enabled in the terminal type
Code:
sudo ufw status
If it is enabled - try
Code:
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
If it is Not enabled then your firewall is not the issue
Im using manjaro and it doesnt even have ufw by default so I dont think that's it :[

Members online