How to make a distro

B

bros1083

Hi,
Today i need help with making a linux distro i have tried major sites none worked i want to add my own packages and i want it to be a MATE desktop.Or if you have a distro like MATE type of gui or whatever you call it it must have Ndiswrapper i have tried
SUSE studio
Linux mint cinnamon
Linux mint xfce
Ubuntu 13.10
red hat Linux
Xubuntu

now if you can also help on I've made my own with SUSE studio but when i login it says command unkown when i type something pls help on that thx.

i need help with making a linux distro
Why?

There are already hundreds of Linux distros. Why do you want to make another one?

You want to make a distro, but you don't have the skill to do that yourself. Why try? Why even try?

Why a Mate desktop? Why not an LXDE desktop?

I've made my own with SUSE studio but when i login it says command unkown
What EXACTLY does it say?

Last edited:
the reason is i need a distro best for me
1.i need Ndiswrapper default installed
2. i want everything found easy not like only advanced users can you it im a noob
3. i want it to be cinnamon type of desktop i tried linux mint 16 cinnamon didnt work

Maybe you are trying to run before you can walk...

1) Why do you need ndiswrapper installed by default?
a) Can you connect by cable TEMPORARILY? Then you can install ndiswrapper.
b) Do you know what your wifi chip is?

2) Linux Mint is generally the best way to go for noobs. What are the basic specs of your computer? How much RAM (memory) have you got?

3) Why did Linux Mint Cinnamon not work? What happened? How far did you get? Did you burn the ISO properly? Look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Members online

Latest posts