how to install open office

Chris Rachal

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone, I would like to install openoffice. The stuff that I searched and tried didn't really work for me. I would just get errors. Anyone know have to install openoffice.

Which OS are you running ?...linux mint 18.3...??

You have gone offline....so I will just leave my response anyway.

OpenOffice was the first big, mainstream free software competitor to Microsoft Office, and because of that, it still has mainstream name recognition—which is a problem. Developers have almost all moved to LibreOffice, the spiritual successor to OpenOffice.Aug 28, 2015

So openoffice is kaput....not supported

Use Libreoffice if you are running Linux Mint or Ubuntu etc it will be in the Software manager

You have gone offline....so I will just leave my response anyway.

OpenOffice was the first big, mainstream free software competitor to Microsoft Office, and because of that, it still has mainstream name recognition—which is a problem. Developers have almost all moved to LibreOffice, the spiritual successor to OpenOffice.Aug 28, 2015

So openoffice is kaput....not supported

Use Libreoffice if you are running Linux Mint or Ubuntu etc it will be in the Software manager
Oh dang. I have Linux mate. I will have to reinstall libreoffice then lol. Oops

Success ?

Oh dang. I have Linux mate. I will have to reinstall libreoffice then lol. Oops
A second vote for libreoffice. The suite has matured nicely. You can participate in its development too, ex. creating templates, macros, styles, etc. The obasic macro language is good.

A second vote for libreoffice.
I'll go a third vote for Libreoffice it works well for what I use an office suite for.

Abiword although not as shiny as Libreoffice works well for a plain and simple office suite.

Finally I got online ......the google answer I got showed that OO was basically out of support.....ooops....I will look more closely next time

Sorry @1of7 .....obviouly I goofed up !

Thanks for catching that wiz

Members online