How to install Linux without Bios?

milesmorels

Reaction score
Credits
Please help, my laptop is dell inspiron 15 1564 windows 10, I tried to install Linux, but i it ask for bios passsword when i enter in Bios Setup, and i dont know the password. i have tried different ways to resset the passowrd but none of them work. my main question is is there is any way to install linux without bios mode please help.

Try removing the cmos battery in the laptop.
Wait a minute and than put it back in place.

A Google search said:
Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cable from the computer. Locate the password reset jumper (PSWD) on the system board. Remove the jumper plug from the password jumper-pins. Power on without the jumper plug to clear the password.

Aside from that you may have to call Dell for help.

erm... definite problem,
the official answer is phone dell help in the USA give them the details of the machine and they will give you an unlock code [expect to pay around $75]

the other way [but no guarantee it will work] remove the machine from mains power, pull the battery pack, open the machine and look for the bios battery [button cell] on the motherboard, carefully remove for a few mins then re install reassemble and try.

alternatively you could try this solution [never used it myself so read carefully first]

Which version of linux have you tried?

Bwiz

Last edited:

Staff online