How to hide a "Broken" file from Synaptic [SOLVED]

frazelle09

Reaction score
Credits
Am trying to install and use the two or three [email protected] files in order to continue folding after a hard disk reinstall of the OS.

i can download the files and use rpm -i --nodeps [email protected] and when i go to Synaptic and hit Reload, it complains that the file is "Broken".

Note: These files are not in our repos because the dev who maintains this OS - PCLinuxOS - does not like the idea of [email protected] running on computers because they use a lot of electricity. ??¿¿¿

When i had this problem the first time - a couple of years ago and on the now defunct hard disk, i kinda remember that there was a command line that i could use to "hide" or make Synaptic not consider that file as broken but can't find the command. i thought it might be the flag --justdb but if i install the file with this flag, Synaptic still complains.

Have a great afternoon and please stay safe! :)

OP
frazelle09

frazelle09

Reaction score
Credits
Dear fred> This command as root seemed to solve the problem

rpm -e --justdb fahclient-7.6.21-1.x86_64

Note that it does not include the .rpm extension. ¡Folding again!

Have a super afternoon and be happy! :)

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits
Am trying to install and use the two or three [email protected] files in order to continue folding after a hard disk reinstall of the OS.

i can download the files and use rpm -i --nodeps [email protected] and when i go to Synaptic and hit Reload, it complains that the file is "Broken".

Note: These files are not in our repos because the dev who maintains this OS - PCLinuxOS - does not like the idea of [email protected] running on computers because they use a lot of electricity. ??¿¿¿

When i had this problem the first time - a couple of years ago and on the now defunct hard disk, i kinda remember that there was a command line that i could use to "hide" or make Synaptic not consider that file as broken but can't find the command. i thought it might be the flag --justdb but if i install the file with this flag, Synaptic still complains.

Have a great afternoon and please stay safe! :)
I take it your using pclinuxos. Did you try the fix broken in synaptic? It's found under the edit tag.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online