How to get logitech keyboard rgb to work?

BigCapitalist

Reaction score
Credits
I just got a new logitech keyboard but the rgb does not work and I cant find any software to control it. I have piper installed for my mouse but unfortunately there is not a software like that for keyboards from what I have seen so far.

Some buttons like mute and pause buttons do not work on the keyboard either. What is odd is that the keyboard I had was a logitech keyboard and the lights just stayed red which is what I wanted but not on this one.

Ant help is appreciated, thanks.

You could try to see if openrgb works for your device. What Logitech keyboard do you have?

I have a Logitech G915 TKL

When I start OpenRGB it opens but says it cant make a connection and it won't recognize any devices.

If openrgb doesn’t work - Maybe contact Logitech and ask them to provide a Linux driver for their keyboards?! A lot of oem’s do not and/or will not develop Linux drivers without significant pressure/demand from their users.

With the special media keys (pause, play, mute, volume up etc.). It is possible to get these keys working. But how to do so will depend on which desktop environment you use.

I don’t have a Logitech keyboard, but I do have one which has various additional keys that don’t work out of the box in Linux.

In dwm, I simply added some code to spawn an appropriate action when one of those keys are pressed. It was just a case of working out the keycodes for the special keys I have on my keyboard and then defining which actions to perform when those keys are pressed.

But there are a number of other ways to get those keys to work in other desktops/wm’s.

You could also try if one of these works:

A search of the 'net found this:

The first two comments indicate that they do more than mice now. The link specifies "logitech-g915-tkl.device" when you check out supported devices.

So, there's another thing to try.

I can't vouch for it, as I've never used it. It's merely the result of using a search engine. So, good luck! It does look pretty straightforward.

You could also try if one of these works:

There's also this inchoate GUI control panel based on MatMoul's own CLI:

It currently supports only the G413 though (don't have other boards and hence can't test).

Members online