Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paraardh

Reaction score
Credits
How to Fresh Install Fedora on my vivobook X570ZD.310

Specifications are here.

I want to fully format my windows 10 Home and remove it from my laptop and start my fresh install with Fedora or other that will be supported by my systems requirements as a daily driver
Key to notice is that i need a Operating System for Programming and I am Choosing it because i tried it on VirtualBox and the upcoming world is Open-source and curious to learn it.

Please guide me with full process or you can attach a link to this thread regarding Installation that will be matched with my problem.

the trouble with those type of polls is that it doesn't allow for questions or input. Slackwear is that some sort of shell suite trouser casual wear or you mean "Slackware" .Probably the Distro would have nothing to do with it but the person using it

fedora tends to be be considered cutting edge but you might not want that straight from windows . When you say coding what coding ? php , Java ? The specs are high compared to mine , you will have to take into consideration NVIDIA ease of install etc.

From my experience with programmers is that they usually want the latest and greatest. I would go for Ubuntu, Mint or Fedora if I were you, this way you at least get more update to date libraries and packages then when going for RHEL/CentOS. If you want real bleeding edge go for Arch or another rolling release distro. But don't know if you have any other requirements, any Linux distro will do if you want to code and have no other requirements. Create a live usb drive with the distro of your choice, boot it see if all your hardware works and like the feel of the distro, then decide if you want to install and go through the setup process. Be aware that there are some distros(ie: Arch) that don't have a setup wizard but a setup manual, if you care about if the install process has to be graphical or not.

Last edited:
i'm on slackware and have PHP 7.4.1 (cli) which is working for latest CodeIgniter 4.0.4 dev is on apache via virtual host but somebody will probably say oh slackware is old . Agree with you on a live usb its proably quicker and easier than fathing about with Vm's

IMO, it's a progression -- after 'buntu, Debian, then it forks to either Slackware (the most UNIX-like) or the commercial Redhat, (which one has to pay for); think I'd go for PERL at some time (anywhere in the equation), then whatever -- a parallel path to the former progression.

Two very valid suggestions, above.

I've explored this question but no way am I a programmer -- don't like where it takes my brain!

object oriented php with its Class and methods is fine ; python ok gave up on Java after JSP went to javafaces if you ever want to give your self an aneurysm take a look at code in Wordpress basically an abomination

Members online