how to establish oracle db connection with linux virtual machine through ip?

dhineshm25

Reaction score
Credits
1)I am running windows 10 as host machine and i installed vbox 6.1.22 in it.

2)In vbox i have installed centos7 using host-only adapter and my host-only ethernet ip is 192.168.28.1

3)I have installed oracle10g in windows 10.

4)Now im trying to connect my jboss server in centos to my oracle db in windows through windows local ip.

5)In vmware i automatically get a windows local ip for oracle db and i use that to establish the connection, but in virtualbox it only lists the host-only adapter not the windows local ip. Is it possible to test the connectivity through host-only ethernet ip.

6)If so what configuration do i need to make to establish the connection, could any of u put me through the process in dependable manner (i have configured jboss correctly), it would be helpful as i am a beginner in linux and oracle administration.

7)FYI i have added the firewall inbound rule for both oracle.exe and tnslsnr.exe and started the database successfully but still can't able to connect through the ip, only works on localhost:8080/apex.

i have been stuck with this for more than 1 day so help me out, please!.

Attachments

• Screenshot (49).jpg
    Screenshot (49).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 331

Your virtual system will have an ip in the same range as you Virtual-Host only adapter, so that would be 192.168.28.0/24. So from you virtual system running C7 you can just connect to your host system through the ip 192.168.28.1 and then on the correct port which oracle is listening on.

Your virtual system will have an ip in the same range as you Virtual-Host only adapter, so that would be 192.168.28.0/24. So from you virtual system running C7 you can just connect to your host system through the ip 192.168.28.1 and then on the correct port which oracle is listening on.
i tried 192.168.28.1:8080/apex to enter into oracle db apex page it shows connection refused. It should connect without any issue right, but it's not connecting what could be the problem?

From you C7 vm can you share the output of the following?
Code:
ip route
Is 8080 the port you are trying to connect to where the oracle suite is running on your host system and apex the database name?

yes oracle db apex page listens on 8080. Below i have enclosed the attachment check it(i have reset the vm to the default host-only ip address), it works fine on localhost but i need windows local ip to connect the oracle db such that i test connection from my linux virtual machine to the oracle db on windows.
You could see the last image the page can't be reached error when i tried to access it via 192.168.56.1:8080/apex(host-only ip). If i can't access it via host-only ip then what to do?

FYI i have both nat and host-only adapter enabled in my vm both are in connected state.

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).jpg
    Screenshot (52).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Screenshot (53).jpg
    Screenshot (53).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot (54).jpg
    Screenshot (54).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot (55).jpg
    Screenshot (55).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
From you C7 system you will have to use 192.168.122.1 to reach your Oracle suite running on your Windows host system. From your C7 system try connecting to port 8080, so like this.
Code:
telnet 192.168.122.1
See if it connects and if it does you should be able to connect from your jboss application to your oracle database. For your being able to connect to your Oracle suite running on your Window host system through localhost and not through 192.168.56.1 is because that ip is used for the virtual network adapter for virtualbox. Try using this instead, 192.168.1.119:8080/apex

i tried as u said but still not connecting, the oracle service is running so don't know what it is exactly!

Attachments

• Screenshot (56).jpg
    Screenshot (56).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Screenshot (57).jpg
    Screenshot (57).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 324
It's most likely a firewall thing on your Windows system for both of those screenshots, that's all I can say since this is a GNU/Linux forum and not a Windows forum. Good Luck!

Staff online