How to connect to wifi on Q4OS? [Solved]

linux_user96

Reaction score
Credits
Hi

I have installed LXQT Q4OS. I am able to connect via cable to the internet but not wireless. How do I do that?

It is a 32bit laptop, older than 10 years. More info on the laptop: Network controller: intel corporation Pro/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

I have installed the network manager also.

Thank you for your support!

Last edited:

Go to a terminal and type these commands and post the results back here.
Code:
sudo rfkill list
inxi -Nn

Go to a terminal and type these commands and post the results back here.
Code:
sudo rfkill list
inxi -Nn
sudo rfkill list.jpg

Ok then.. Hard block is not a program or driver error, it is for want of a better description, a mechanical lock, All laptops will have a wireless key, this may be a separate switch, a single F key , or a combination to switch the wi-fi on/off , we can se its old, But to try and find which is the right way to remove the hard-block will need to be researched [unless you already know the key or have the handbook original supplied with the laptop] we need the make and FULL model number of the back plate

Bwiz

Ok then.. Hard block is not a program or driver error, it is for want of a better description, a mechanical lock, All laptops will have a wireless key, this may be a separate switch, a single F key , or a combination to switch the wi-fi on/off , we can se its old, But to try and find which is the right way to remove the hard-block will need to be researched [unless you already know the key or have the handbook original supplied with the laptop] we need the make and FULL model number of the back plate

Bwiz
hey thanks! that worked! it was a key on the laptop! wow thanks! now I can see all the wifi networks and connect to them! thank you for your support!

hey thanks! that worked! it was a key on the laptop! wow thanks! now I can see all the wifi networks and connect to them! thank you for your support!
Your welcome, because something doesn't work in Linux its not always as assumed a software error as it says in the first line of my signature ""[some problems may be equipment specific]""
as a guess from the screenshot I would say that laptop is probably nearer 16 years old [one of mine is 21yrs old tomorrow]

You will have to find the hardware wifi switch on that machine. Some machines have a physical switch usually located on the side of the machine other use some combination of F keys to unlock the wifi. Tells us which Machine you have we may be able to help you find it.

@linux_user96
forgot to ask you to edit the title of your first post to include ""Solved""

thanks

Members online