How to clear all the lines in X11

B

bashcommando

How do I clear all the lines I made in X11 so I can make a new screen.

No, I am referring to the fact that I made a window and created a bunch on lines, then I want to clear it. The window is 480x360.

No, I am referring to the fact that I made a window and created a bunch on lines, then I want to clear it. The window is 480x360.
How did you create the window? QT, GTK+, some other windowing software/language? You have not provided enough information.

How did you create the window? QT, GTK+, some other windowing software/language? You have not provided enough information.
I am just using the X11 libraries in C.
Edit: I don't really want to set up a for loop just drawing background colored lines all over the screen but if you don't reply with a better answer then that would have to be it.

Last edited:
I have to admit, it has been quite some time since I did any X11 programming too. But I don't see how sleeping for 100ms is going to stop your program from opening a window.... I mean, sure - the window won't open during the 100ms that the program is sleeping. But other than that, it should have no adverse effect! After the program 'wakes' again, it should continue from the statement following the call to sleep. Unless I am missing something?!

I have to admit, it has been quite some time since I did any X11 programming too. But I don't see how sleeping for 100ms is going to stop your program from opening a window.... I mean, sure - the window won't open during the 100ms that the program is sleeping. But other than that, it should have no adverse effect! After the program 'wakes' again, it should continue from the statement following the call to sleep. Unless I am missing something?!
You are missing something then.

Staff online

Members online