How to change the way Linux sorts photos on the task bar

Arcadia

Reaction score
Credits
I have installed Linux Mint 20, the only problem im getting is when I click on my photo albums to view, when I minimise each photo they go to the bottom of the task bar, after sorting through about 15 photos Linux puts them in a hidden drop down list to the right, if you click on the upside down arrow it then shows the rest of the files/photos, but it kinda screws everything up and is very awkward. I perfer the way windows sorts the photos when minimized, just in one tab that then shows each file/photo when you click on that one tab. Is there a way to do this is Linux Mint?

I assume your just picking your pictures from the picture folder in your home, this is just the storage not an album or manager,
you could try "shotwell" its in the mint repository, open software manager put shotwell in the search bar and it should be the first one to come up

Bwiz

Thanks for that, ill try that out, if that doesnt work then ill just try to get used to the format somehow

It sounds like you're looking for the 'group windows by application' or whatever it's called in Mint. It'll be a panel setting, if that's indeed what you're after. When enough windows with the same underlying application are open, it groups them together as one. It's in your settings somewhere. I'm not using Mint at the moment.

It sounds like you're looking for the 'group windows by application' or whatever it's called in Mint. It'll be a panel setting, if that's indeed what you're after. When enough windows with the same underlying application are open, it groups them together as one. It's in your settings somewhere. I'm not using Mint at the moment.

Thanks, with some of your advise and playing around with the panel settings abit I was able to get the settings how I want, even better then I had with windows.

I figured that's what you were after. At least a few desktop environments group windows by default. It's one of the first things I change if I'm going to use the OS on bare metal and actually customize it to satisfy my wants.

Members online