how to change repo in lubuntu

paulineb

Reaction score
Credits
foreword:
i own an old laptop, 5 years ago i installed lubuntu 15.04 ,
now i've had to reinstall it but the repositories don't work anymore.
the laptop is too old for lubuntu 15.10 .

now the three questions:
is it possible to go on using lubuntu 15.04 and to use repositories of another version?
is it possible to go on using lubuntu 15.04 and to use repositories of another distro (debian, for instance)?
if it is possible, how should i do that?

thanks for any reply.
pb

Received wisdom is that you should only upgrade from one version to the next. But you would end up upgrading several times and the likelihood of an error is great.

If you can copy off your home folder a fresh install would be better. Then you can replace your home folder.

Lubuntu used to be LXDE but recently is has changed to LXQt.

well, i would like to ask if lxqt uses more ram then lxde, but since the three previous questions are pending, i'll wait...
thanks for the reply, but what about previous questions?

1) is it possible to go on using lubuntu 15.04 and to use repositories of another version?
2) is it possible to go on using lubuntu 15.04 and to use repositories of another distro (debian, for instance)?
3) if it is possible, how should i do that?

well, i would like to ask if lxqt uses more ram then lxde, but since the three previous questions are pending, i'll wait...
thanks for the reply, but what about previous questions?

1) is it possible to go on using lubuntu 15.04 and to use repositories of another version?
2) is it possible to go on using lubuntu 15.04 and to use repositories of another distro (debian, for instance)?
3) if it is possible, how should i do that?
No you can not use different repo's for 15.04.
Instead it would be better to perform a fresh installation where the repo is suited for the release of the exact os.