How to change NAT type in Ubuntu 19.10

inna

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

The Devices I have
An android smartphone, a laptop with OS Ubuntu 19.10, and an Xbox One

The scenario
I connect the smartphone via USB cable to the laptop, and turn the mobile hotspot on laptop so that the Xbox One could be able to connect to the internet. In fact, the smartphone has internet access, and the two other devices have internet because of hotspot.

The Ways I Tried
I tried to both connect my Xbox One directly to my phone wireless hotspot, and indirectly with my laptop, but the issue still remains. I also connect my laptop as hotspot to my Openconnect VPN server, and I see Xbox One public IP changes to my server's IP.

The Issue
In all the ways I tried, I see in Xbox One that my NAT type is restrict. I want to change the NAT type to open, but I was not able to do so far.

What I want
I want to change the NAT type from Strict to Open, in order to play more smooth on Xbox.

Question
Can I change routing NAT from Strict to Open on my laptop as a hotspot? In this case I think my router is my laptop. 2- Should I make any changes to my smartphone? It's not root and I may not do that if not needed.

Thanks in advance

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, but I read it before and I cannot do that because I use my mobile cellular data to connect to the internet and it does not have any web configuration page.
I discussed this issue with one of my friends and he told me that my ISP which provides me the sim-card, does not allow to change NAT type and I cannot ask them to do that for me.

That's what I know up to now. I'll update this thread if found any solutions.

Members online

Latest posts